Millipore

kojie

Geek bodybuilder
any feedbacks on these ? these are the only ones i can get for now
Millipore Sterile PVDF Syringe Filter 33mm .45µm

thanks

I used 2, cracked both somehow. I dont like the material that its made out of, very unforgiving and brittle. If you can manage though, the filtered solution is as good as a whatman.

Millipore is a very very serious company ! With serious technology ! They make plastic membrain filters. One seperates nitrogen from the air ! All you need is a vacuum on one side of the filter.

kojie said:
any feedbacks on these ? these are the only ones i can get for now
Millipore Sterile PVDF Syringe Filter 33mm .45µm

thanks

DougoeFre5h said:
So serious that I cracked the shit out of thier filters. Skip em, stick with whatman.

Werd!!

Same thing happened to me. Luckily I got them free with a shipped order from UK. I use them for Bac water solutions that's it.

DougoeFre5h said:
So serious that I cracked the shit out of thier filters. Skip em, stick with whatman.
Strange, I love them and have had excellent luck. They are a bit bigger in diameter (at least the ones I have) than the Whatmans and they seem to last long (got through 100ml of prop no prob)

just used 1 last nite and it worked nicely. i tried to remain at the pressure when i saw the liquid coming out.
Im guessing that they must have applied too much pressure??
anyway i discarded it after 60 mLs bec. i wasn't making anymore prop this week and didn't want to store it open, just being on the side of caution i guess.

ive used Millipore without any complaints, however, i guess a handful doesnt like their syringe filters... ive yet to hear anything bad about Whatman, or shit, even FisherSci i hear worked aiight

mabye b/c....

when you push the stopper of the syringe....do you go very sloowwwwly or do you just push as if it was an easy thing.?

mabye that's why most have cracked b/c people have just pushed the stooppper sooo hard.

old timer said:
when you push the stopper of the syringe....do you go very sloowwwwly or do you just push as if it was an easy thing.?

mabye that's why most have cracked b/c people have just pushed the stooppper sooo hard.

better to have the oil warm the whole time you do it. Just use constant easy pressure and you won't blow out the filter that way.

Back