My "get back to the old me" journey.

FatGuyPower

Hi all that take your time to read.

first post, and I want to say thanks for taking up your time.

This journal is for me to record and share my diet, and workout routine, so that I may get advice, and criticism.... how ever you look at it, haha.

When I was 19-24 years old, I was in my stride. I was around 205lb's with 12% body fat, I was strong, agile, and full of energy.

Today I am 275lbs, probably 40% bodyfat, lazy, tired, can't keep up with my one and a half year old son, sex life is sub-par, and just plain tired of being tired.

I work midnight to 8am, I get home and nap with my son for 2-3hours, stay up all day, wife gets home, sleep for 2 hours, then go back to work, 5 days a week I do this.

Days off I mostly just sleep, or tend to the house/hobby.

I've had a hobby of racing car's at the drag strip for the last few years, so when I had time I was dumping it into the car.
(1989 Mustang 5.0 that has just about every modification you can to the motor, nitrous on it now, have a supercharger in the garage waiting for install. Has run high 11's on spray, shooting for 10's with the supercharger)

Next thing I know, I've packed on 70 pounds, and I have no stamina.

I still consider myself strong, I've been lifting for the last 3 months 2-3 times a week, and my strength is still pretty high.

Most of my old lift's are right there, other then bench, and squat is a bit less.

I was in the Army from age 18 to 22, and left due to knee injuries. I also have some lingering shoulder injuries.

I've been lifting weights since I was 15 years old, and was serious liftin/dieting from 19-22, then 22-24 was dirty bulking, and lifting HEAVY, but stayed at 12%bf

Anyway, I'm trying to get back in shape, I'm trying to eat right, trying to train right.

Problem is, the weight is not coming off, and after a few month's I've already hit plateau's.

I've been lifting long enough to change my workout's, clean up, or have high carb days, add calories, add protein, ETC and NOTHING is helping.

I have dropped 15lb's from my heaviest weight, and that it. I have not lost any other weight in over a month. i'm trying to lose weight slowly so I do not get saggy skin.

I don't consider myself the normal fat guy, as much as I look like a fat power lifter, haha.

I had a check up last week, and talked to the doc. Told him pretty much what I've said here. Doc drew some blood and said I would hear back from him.

Well three days later he says my testosterone is VERY low for my age (28) and everything else is out of whack. He said its due to stress from watching my son, lack of sleep, and such.

Tell's me to change it... problem is, I can't. We can't afford day care, so I have to continue working nights, and watching my son during the day.

I asked him about prescribing me something to "help out" and he recommend ANTIDEPRESSANTS!!!

HA!

I told him I'm not depressed, and more meant something to get my testosterone back on track. He told me I was too young, and just needed to get my personal life in order.

I realize my life is hectic, but welcome to being a new father, husband, home owner, and low paying job.

ANY WHO. I felt I needed to share, and maybe get that off my chest.

I will start this thread keeping my diet up to date, and workouts. I don't think I will give out a whole ton of information just yet, as most of it is pointless at this level of fitness.

I've been lurking on this forum since the doc told me my testosterone was out of whack, and I'm sure you can guess why.

I don't want to get into AAS use just yet until I can get my diet/workouts under control and figure out the reason for the plateau I'm having. I would like to drop some more weight and get to know you guy's better before I start asking about AAS.

I've read a lot, but feel I'm still just scratching the surface.

I don't want to start new threads just yet, and make people think I'm retarded, haha, but was wondering if "natural" or other testosterone boosters are worth the time.

such as this:

Would that be worth the money?

Just kinda feel like this weight/bitch tits, and such is more due to my hormones being crazy vs anything else.

If you've read this far, I appreciate it. I have a long road ahead, but I would like to better myself not only for ME, but for my FAMILY.

Thanks again,
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post Rob, Welcome to Ology!
Lots of great guys here that can help out.
I would suggest that you look at a Nutritionist before looking at supplements, A great diet will benefit your test levels more. With that high of a BF % you probably have allot of estrogen conversion happening, but you would need blood tests to confirm.

3J sponsor and Mod on here has very reasonable rates and is very knowledgeable, I would start there before looking at supplements.

Good job for getting after it, keep it up! the results will come

Welcome man! I am very hopeful you will accomplish everything. Remember time and patience.

Diet and physical condition can vastly affect your testosterone, as well as mentality(stress).

One good way to try to see if natty supplements will help with your test is some DAA(D-aspartic acid) which is reasonably easy to get into as a supplement especially if you just drink it. The one I use tastes like a strong lemonade. I use NTBM's DAA.

Mentality is going to be a big part of it as well. You need to pick a way to "destress" every day. I do mine through faith. You need to find a center for your life.

Great post Rob, Welcome to Ology!
Lots of great guys here that can help out.
I would suggest that you look at a Nutritionist before looking at supplements, A great diet will benefit your test levels more. With that high of a BF % you probably have allot of estrogen conversion happening, but you would need blood tests to confirm.

3J sponsor and Mod on here has very reasonable rates and is very knowledgeable, I would start there before looking at supplements.

Good job for getting after it, keep it up! the results will come

A nutritionist is a good idea, Maybe they have something better for me. Right now I'm playing mainly with my carb's. I assumes I'm a endomorph in the fact its never really been hard for me to gain muscle or strength (before I got fat) but If I eat a plate of pasta, I get bloated, and tired, so I figure I'm carb sensitive. I seem to gain weight the fastest when eatting a lot of carb's.

I try to keep my carb's between 100-150g total for the day, I have 1-2 high days a week, and I will also eat high carb's if my energy is low. This is how I did it back when I lifted and saw great results.

I've been reading more about the estrogen, and its kinda crazy how nature work's against you as a fat guy. It's like survival of the fittest... You get fat, and nature try's to keep you fat!

I remember when I was in shape, If I put on 5-10lb's during the holidays, I could worth that off in 2-3weeks MAX. Go for a couple extra run's and I was good. Now It seems 10x's harder, might be because I can't run 5 miles with ease like I use too, but its not only fitness, my MOOD is horrible most days. I just don't wanna! haha, when I was fit, if I got bored, I'd have the urge to do pushup's and workout, now If I get a moment to myself, I'm drying to doze off on the couch!

I will look into "3J" Did you mean for advice/knowledge or supplements?

Welcome and good luck brother

Thanks!

Welcome man! I am very hopeful you will accomplish everything. Remember time and patience.

Diet and physical condition can vastly affect your testosterone, as well as mentality(stress).

One good way to try to see if natty supplements will help with your test is some DAA(D-aspartic acid) which is reasonably easy to get into as a supplement especially if you just drink it. The one I use tastes like a strong lemonade. I use NTBM's DAA.

Mentality is going to be a big part of it as well. You need to pick a way to "destress" every day. I do mine through faith. You need to find a center for your life.

Right! Time and patience. There is a guy I watch on youtube who as lost 100lb's in just under a year, and he has a saying like that. He goes to say its like "forming a diamond." that your just a big fat nasty peice of coal, but with enough TIME, and PRESSURE, you can turn into a be beautiful diamond! haha:elephant:

Right, I was reading about DAA, some seem to say its not worth it. One study showed "33% increase in testosterone" which the writer of the article basically called pathetic, but for a guy like me, it might do much better then the "average joe"

Thats one thing I use my "race car" for. Sadly it has moved more to not being street legal, so I drive it less and less. I have been thinking of selling it, and using the money toward something to help level our life's out, but It's hard when you've invested so much in a car, and you won't make anything back out of it in comparison to what you've invested when its sold.

sorry I talk so much. I feel like I have finally found the motivation I need to get back into shape, so I'm pretty pumped obviously.

-Rob

Last edited:
I will look into "3J" Did you mean for advice/knowledge or supplements?
-Rob
3J Is the resident Nutritionist here, His rates are excellent, He will be cheaper than buying all those supplements and he will put the right diet together for you as well as help you out with your routine. I'm currently using him for my Carb Cycle package,

3J Is the resident Nutritionist here, His rates are excellent, He will be cheaper than buying all those supplements and he will put the right diet together for you as well as help you out with your routine. I'm currently using him for my Carb Cycle package,

good to know.

The only thing im taking right now is a fat burner/energy pill type thing to help me stay awake at work. I don't take it any other time.

I was going to add some glucosamine, green tea, and probably flax, but thats all I had planned.

I wanted the DAA/test booster to try and help my current low testosterone.

I great diet will boost your test level better than the supplements, Most of the supplement really don't work well unless your using pro hormones and they can be hard on the liver. The best supplement to boost your test I am a firm believer in Fish oil

I great diet will boost your test level better than the supplements, Most of the supplement really don't work well unless your using pro hormones and they can be hard on the liver. The best supplement to boost your test I am a firm believer in Fish oil

hmm, didn't realize that. Guess I really need to get a handle on my diet. Mainly I'm just bouncing around with my carbs. no real specialty foods ether.

Just had some Tilapia and broccoli for lunch here at work.

Good news for my journal here, Was talking to a coworker about me trying to buckle down on this diet/workout routine, and she challenged me to see who loses the most weight.

We set it up for May10th to see who has lost the most. with updates on weight every two weeks to keep us motivated.

Problem for me is she is focusing on cardio, and I'm more focused on lifting.

So I will have to mix in some high rep/sets work to try and get some extra weight loss. High rep/sets of squats and deadlifts I'm sure will be plenty to burn off some fat!!

We haven't talked about "prize money" or anything yet, but I'm sure this will help me greatly to stay motivated.

We weighed in, and recorded each other's weight... so its on like donkey kong! haha

Last edited:
Haven't updated this really :/

GOOD NEWS

on my last post on jan 10th I weighed in at 275lbs

as of today I am 258!

as for my coworker she was 172 when we started and is now 165, so I'm winning so far, haha

Got control of my diet, and man what a change. I'm doing a mix of "intermediate fasting", and carb cycling, and its working wonders.

I've been sticking to bench, deadlift, and squats, sets of 10 reps for as many sets as I can. If I can do 5 sets without struggling, I add a little weight to the bar.

So not only have I lost 17lbs in a little over a month, I'm already looking, and feeling MUCH better.

I don't want to dribble on to much, but Just wanted to update this, as i plan on being on steroidology more and more so I can learn what I need to when I do plan to use AAS after I get down to a good weight.

Thanks for reading!
Rob

Welcome to zee forhumz =] as far as test boosters, I am taking endosurge from Orbit and I stack it with an estrogen blocker "erase" and it has made a huge difference in my attitude. Doesnt keep me from messing up and doesnt make good decisions for you, but it will help you stay mind strong and not so emotional.

Welcome to zee forhumz =] as far as test boosters, I am taking endosurge from Orbit and I stack it with an estrogen blocker "erase" and it has made a huge difference in my attitude. Doesnt keep me from messing up and doesnt make good decisions for you, but it will help you stay mind strong and not so emotional.

Thank yo usir, I will have to look into those!

just another update. Still chugging along :)

weighed in at 253lbs yesterday. starting to tell some difference's in muscle definition. good think about being fat is I think it kept all my old muscle by having to lug around all the extra weight, hahahaha!!

Starting to really hit my diet too.

right now with no cardio, it looks like this:

1825-2200 cals (high and low days)
I carb cycle throughout the week, I like having one NO car day, four LOW carb (70g and under) one "high" day (100-150g) and then one "carb up" day, (300g +)

yesterday:

03142012.jpg

had a rotisserie chicken, second meal was lean beef mixed with veggies, and a energy drink as i hadn't gotten much sleep (my son is approaching two years old, I watch him during the day, and he hasn't been sleeping on schedule lately)

not really losing fat in my chest. Man-boobs are looking even worse now that I'm losing weight. Still feel tired all the time (haha, year and a half year old kid, no duh) and sex drive/sex is still kinda off. Reading articles about high body fat effecting testosterone levels is really depressing, but its the only thing that makes sense.

Diet is really going along well now, working out regularly with heavy weight/compound lifts, and still showing signs of crap test levels :(

still chugging along!

Thanks everyone.

Another update!

Down to 241lbs. Starting to really see some muscle definition so it makes me happy.

bodyfat scale reader thing has me put at 27.2% bodyfat, and I would think that is pretty accurate/seems right.

still chugging along!

BTW won the weightloss competition with my coworker I talked about in the first post. I blew her out of the water, but still felt really good :)

Starting to think more and more about using AAS, but want to get much leaner first... and don't even have a sorce, so kinda SOL, haha.

Thanks for looking :)

Back