Nandrolone vs Test Enanthate Surpression

MidNight1

One thing i still dont understand. Since one single shot of testosterone is enough to shot one down completely, same goes for deca, why is that deca shuts you down harder? Let's say you go for test e and deca cycle and stop the deca 2-3 weeks before the end of the cycle, even with the long half-life why is it so much more surpressive as people say, compared to test, when it's enough equal amount of each to shot one down. Sounds completely illogical to me why would someone recover harder from deca than from test when both shut you down and both have similar half-life (test e and deca).

Anyone?

I don't think Deca itself shuts you down more. Both Deca and Test act on the androgen receptors and both aromatize. So they both shut down the HPTA on both fronts.

What Deca has going against it is that:

1) It is -- or should be anyway -- stacked with testosterone (for males). So when you run Deca it means you are running two compounds and often more milligrams of AAS. But I would imagine that 1000mg of Test per week and 500mg test + 500mg Deca per week for equal durations would both have similar effects on HPTA suppression. Test aromatizes more than Deca so it may even be greater.

2) Deca has a much longer half life than Enanthate. Almost twice as long. That means anyone using Deca usually ends up running a cycle for 2-8 weeks longer than they typically would on just a Test E cycle. Longer cycles mean the HPTA is suppressed longer. One way around this is to switch to NPP which has a short ester attached too the nandrolone.

3) Anecdotally, I suspect that many people running Deca and get HPTA restart issues didn't wait long enough for the Deca to clear the body before starting PCT.

Last edited:
the only reason deca 'seems' to have a harder shut down, is simply because of its longer half life, meaning it suppresses you over a longer period of time.

but, shut down is BINARY .. that means it is either "on" or "off" .. like a light switch, either the light is on , or it is off, there is NO in between. so if your 'shut down' then the light switch is off.

however, the LONGER the 'light switch' is in the off position, the longer it will take and the harder it will be to put it back into the on position, this is dependent on the length of the cycle (not the dose or compound).

any 'dose' can turn the switch off . wither it is 50 mg of test a week, or 1000 mg of test a week, it makes no difference. Off is off.
if your only 'off' for a few weeks, then getting turned back on is much easier then if your were off for 20 weeks . again, its length of time, not the dosage or compound that matters.

The situation is. That i ran a test only cycle for 2 months. Had great results. Had a short break, very shot one actually with a PCT now started Test E/Deca 600mg both / week with Dbol for kick start. Using Adex and Prami ED also 500UI of HCG 2x/week. I will stop deca with 2 weeks before the end and will kick start my PCT with 2500UI of HCG EOD for 2 weeks. Than 6 weeks of Clomid and Nolva. I think except the short break i'm doing everything i am by the book and i will recover, maybe slower. But i think i will recover with such an agressive PCT...

What do you think?

Back