Naturally high prolactin, gyno, a grueling journey against medical apathy..need help!

lloydtrt

Hi and thanks for listening.

I'm on a roller coaster of a journey that is always bitter sweet...bitter because I know there is something wrong but sweet because at each step I am doing my own research, hacking my own body, and literally becoming an expert in this arena of hormones, serms, sarms, etc.

I've ALWAYS had gyno since puberty. It was gradual at first but by the time I hit 23 it was getting very bad and at the time I thought it was simply the way my body chose to carry fat deposits (LOOOOOOL!!!!!). I paid a pretty penny for gyno surgery at 25 and thought all would be well after. In addition I have other bad symptoms like low libido, hard to cum during sex, premature balding, etc.

Two years after surgery my gyno started coming back and I was disgusted. I thought I would get some advice from a doctor and check my testosterone levels. My doctor shot down this idea. I am now 29 and the past two years have been an educational path towards discovery and learning.

First, my GP shot down the idea of testosterone tests because I had decent muscle mass and facial hair (another LOOOOOOL!!!!). He said, we'll just do it next if you still feel the same way. Screw that. I went to see an endocrinologist who examined me, ran some tests, and said estradiol was moderately high and test levels were normal. He was right, my test levels were in the mid-700s. He then said there was nothing else he could do or recommend to solve my problems: gyno, weak erection, weak libido.

I then got my own testosterone levels checked out six months agp and began to monitor results while self-medicating with exemestane to reduce estrogen and raloxifene to turn back the clock on the gyno. I got tested every two months running this protocol at the recommended dosages (I'm happy to provide the sources I bought from and the amounts I was taking). However, the numbers did not budge, and the symptoms did not change (I know I still need a longer time frame for raloxifene to reverse the gyno).

I read about the different possible causes of gyno and my other symptoms and now I think I am at the final stage of revelation - prolactin. So for my last blood test I added prolactin and my results were 13.7 ng/ml on a reference range of 4.0-14.8 ng/ml. Bingo!

I want to continue hacking and I know based on my extensive research here and on other forums and PubMed that cabergoline could be the solution.

I am overwhelmed in working outside the confines of professional medicine because of the shady sources and review systems that I have to believe and follow in order to keep hacking my body and trying new things. I am putting this out there if it helps anyone and at the same time asking for recommendations for cabergoline sources that others have used. Is there a particular stack in addition to caber that people would recommend? Please do chime in if you have any helpful advice, I just don't want to spend empty dollars and delay my recovery.

In closing, I am just disgusted with the fact that I can't go to a doctor for these things, who care only about not getting sued instead of OPTIMIZING the bodies and minds of their patients. I am disgusted that I was shooed away and told to pipe down for years and years when I knew clearly that I had issues. Instead I had to man up and do my own research and read medical literature and the knowledge in internet forums to get where I am. At the same time I know there are doctors out there that can help and are good...do you know how to get/find one?

I have approached this whole endeavor like a scientist - I have written down in detail the dosages and drugs I was taking, as well as running calculations based on half life of the drugs to see what the accumulation was inside my body of each chemical. Again, if you're interested in these numbers or reviews or statements on the sources I used please let me know. I'd be happy to provide that.

Repeating my request for help in finding a good cabergoline source ASAP, stacking advice (bromocryptine??), and how to find a good GP/endo/urologist that will work with you and help you to optimize your body.

thank you.

Id suggest running some better labwork. Your prolactin while highish is not really high compared to people with a prolactinoma. generally you will see figures 50+ng/mL with that.

Sign up at privatemdlabs and order the hormone panel with estradiol sensitive, add TSI. coupon code is in the newsletter.

Next sign up at ultalabs and search for reverse t3, and get the panel that has tsh, free t3, free t4, reverse t3, tpo, tgab. add (hCG, total, quantative). coupon code is in the newsletter.

You should be able to get reimbursed from your insurance on these tests. maybe call them and see first.

This is about 340 bucks worth of labwork, but you should be able to find the source of your gyno from it or at least rule out the most obvious stuff.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet here is a flow chart, its kinda based off of the one here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2770912/

in the past you were probably tested with the immunoassay version of the estradiol test, which is not reliable. That might partially explain why exemestane didnt lower your numbers.

What were your e2 ranges? Most times prolactin can be kept in check as long as estro is in range...unless you have something wrong w your pituitary (tumor)

Back