New Drug Mimics the Effects of Exercise on Muscles...SR9009

CageBreed

this looks pretty cool....gimme some!

New Drug Mimics the Effects of Exercise on Muscles
Written by Nina Lincoff
Published on August 22, 2013
A A A
A new compound called SR9009 increases metabolism, fat burning, and muscle growth in the lab.

Soon, there may be a pharmaceutical fix for those who struggle with diet and exercise. Scientists at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have successfully tested a drug, called SR9009, in mice that kickstarts metabolism and results in increased muscle development.

Essentially, it's an exercise regime in a pill.

***8220;SR9009 alters the metabolic profile of skeletal muscle in a manner similar to the changes observed [in] animals [that] are endurance trained. Basically, the drug sends a signal to the muscle to tell it to modify its metabolism,***8221; says drug developer Thomas Burris, Ph.D., a professor in the department of molecular therapeutics at TSRI.

Half of the mice studied showed improved running endurance in terms of both time and distance. ***8220;What was clearly interesting was that a small, drug-like molecule could increase metabolic rate in skeletal muscle and increase exercise endurance,***8221; Burris adds.

Not Just a ***8220;Diet***8221; Pill
There***8217;s no way to sugarcoat it***8212;though many have tried***8212;maintaining a healthy weight can be difficult. Because it***8217;s hard, many have tried ***8220;miracle" weight-loss pills and other quick fixes for something that ultimately requires a lifestyle change. Many over-the-counter diet and weight-loss pills are unregulated and may contain dangerous ingredients.

SR9009, however, isn***8217;t like appetite suppressants, laxatives, or ***8220;fat blockers.***8221; And you won***8217;t find SR9009 in the ingredient lists of protein powders or exercise supplements.

The difference between SR9009 and other diet pills is in its chemistry. ***8220;SR9009 is not an appetite suppressant***8212;as many weight-loss drugs are***8212;and directly works by increasing the metabolic rate of muscle,***8221; Burris says.

Your metabolism speeds up and slows down naturally during the day, meaning that sometimes food is used for energy and sometimes it***8217;s stored as fat. By re-synching a dysfunctional metabolic clock, SR9009 ensures that food and excess fat are used as energy.

SR9009 is one of a pair of compounds developed at TSRI by Burris and his team. The drug binds to Rev-erb***945;, a natural protein in the body that influences lipid and glucose metabolism in the liver, inflammatory responses, and fat-storing cells. By binding to Rev-erb***945;, SR9009 can kickstart metabolism with another pleasant side-effect: increased muscle strength.

***8220;It ***8216;transforms***8217; muscle into muscle that by many attributes appears to be exercising,***8221; Burris explains.

Coming to a Pharmacy Near You?
***8220;We were the first to develop drugs that target Rev-erb***945; that could be used in animals, and our first observations were that the animals increased their metabolic rate,***8221; Burris says. Burris and his team have been working on Rev-erb***945; since 2005 and were aware that it plays some role in the regulation of metabolism.

Now, after modulating Rev-erb***945;'s activity with drugs, studies have shown its direct effect on skeletal muscles.

With such strong results, Burris and his team are pursuing funding for a biotechnology company that would focus primarily on the development of SR9009 and other similar compounds for safe use in humans.

In the next year or so, they hope to start phase I clinical trials. Just imagine, weight loss and improved musculature in a bottle.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure every day something like this comes out but secretly gives you cancer instead. Excuse me while I go use my shake weights and electric abdominal belt.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure every day something like this comes out but secretly gives you cancer instead. Excuse me while I go use my shake weights and electric abdominal belt.
Yep. you got the idea bro, how those shake weights working for you.

Even steroids aren't a magic pill. Need to eat, train, and rest correctly in order for them to do your job

Hey, I was skeptical too when I heard of GW making you able to do cardio for hours on end until I tried it for myself. I'm open-minded about this.

I'll be looking for some loggers once SS starts brewing this stuff up, so keep an eye out for my posts. :)

Why are there so many people trying to come up with different ideas on how to get into shape? We already have these things. These..abilities... it's called the gym. Why would we not want to go to the gym? Hot women that lift, heavy ass weights, endless mirrors to check ourselves out-and secretly check out those lifting ladies, and it is a Fuck escape.

When they come out with pills like this they need to introduce them like this, "We have found a way to take all the fun out of training, all the healthy out of healthy living, and you don't even have to look at attractive members of the opposite sex anymore to be in shape!"

I pity 'da foooooooooooossss!

Why are there so many people trying to come up with different ideas on how to get into shape? We already have these things. These..abilities... it's called the gym. Why would we not want to go to the gym? Hot women that lift, heavy ass weights, endless mirrors to check ourselves out-and secretly check out those lifting ladies, and it is a Fuck escape.

When they come out with pills like this they need to introduce them like this, "We have found a way to take all the fun out of training, all the healthy out of healthy living, and you don't even have to look at attractive members of the opposite sex anymore to be in shape!"

I pity 'da foooooooooooossss!

Nooooo fuckin doubt man!! Its a lazy persons world now, whatever happened to just eating a healthy diet, living a healthy lifestyle, getting enough rest and smashing the hell outta some weights at the gym?!

What's the POINT? Maybe a pill COULD fool your body into growing strong. But how can a pill teach you to apply that strength? You might have the strongest muscles out there, but it doesn't mean you can lift anything, or even co-ordinate them. If you're not aiming for functional, then I guess all you want is to attract the few airheads who like swole guys, while alienating the far greater percentage of women who find it gross. If I'm gonna knock years off my life (and let's face it, big muscles and a high calorie turnover DO just that) then I want to be able to USE it for something other than posing in the mirror.

I dread the day when they come out with something like this that actually works, if you are too lazy to train, why the fuck should you be able to have a nice physique? Just the same as people who are too lazy to work shouldnt be better off than the working man.

I hope that the only thing this drug ever becomes is a strict prescription for the morbidly obese and you must be beyond a speicifc bf% to be prescribed it as to assist in achieving a safer level of weight first, and then being taken off it and made to do it the hardway AKA the original way, the correct way, the fun way, the non-lazy way, the real mans way.

Yea...none of that research is practically relevant to us because it was tested in mice :)

Plus this research came out a year ago & I've yet to see any solid evidence that it can be replicated in humans.

Basically, its nothing to get excited about.

My mood becomes elevated and I get a high from working out!
I don't think that's something you can replicate without getting psychologically and physically addicted to a substance as well as go through some sort of withdrawal.
Research and science is very interesting.

I think it is pretty interesting even though it is very preliminary, it is still really interesting to see potential new compounds in the future.

I think it is pretty interesting even though it is very preliminary, it is still really interesting to see potential new compounds in the future.

interesting... May have to look into that one more.

Always nice to see some positive feedback. :) I agree, very interesting.

As I said, this will be on the SarmsSearch menu before you know it and I'll be looking for loggers. Keep an eye out!

I hope that the only thing this drug ever becomes is a strict prescription for the morbidly obese and you must be beyond a speicifc bf% to be prescribed it as to assist in achieving a safer level of weight first, and then being taken off it and made to do it the hardway AKA the original way, the correct way, the fun way, the non-lazy way, the real mans way.

Some people are so lazy or messed up mentally, they would just get fatter so they could use this.

You better believe Ill be down to log this. Hopefully I don't have to stop working out for this Log. LOL

Back