New NHL rules

They are taking some getting use to, but I think in the long run all the hooking bs that they call is going to make the game a lot faster, therefore more enjoyable and fun to watch.

agreed but the "light" stuff away from the playt should not be called..
i remember when if you were shorthanded you would have to do A LOT to get another penalty..now it seems like refs are giving away 5-3's

also hate the rule where the defenseman cannot tie up te man in front

no red line is a good rule-finally

blackbeard said:
also hate the rule where the defenseman cannot tie up te man in front

Honestly this is the only real beef I have. Cherry was talking about this on HNIC and went a little overboard but I do think you need to be able to cross check a little and move the guy a little bit away from the net. Plus the running of the goalies is getting a bit ridiculous.

Other then that, everything is delivering.

Aboot said:
Honestly this is the only real beef I have. Cherry was talking about this on HNIC and went a little overboard but I do think you need to be able to cross check a little and move the guy a little bit away from the net. Plus the running of the goalies is getting a bit ridiculous.

Other then that, everything is delivering.
I saw that as well... Don's a classic.

I agree with you. Furthermore, there should be standards re: what's allowed in the crease, however, if you leave it, you should be fair game IMO... protect them whilst in it though.

Cherry is awesome
he gets carried away with everything LOL

well you can run the net now because the defenseman cannot tie you up without the puck

ohh the oter rule that i think is effen retarded
if you ice the puck you cannot get a line change??? wtf..doesnt make sense no team is gonna play with the puck in their own end for fear of having a face off in their end..your still gonna get a 20 second breather and ive seen quite a few times a tv time out so in essence they guys on the ice are still getting rest

There wasn't an issue with Defence vs Forwards out front of the net. It's a battle for position.

The problem was all the hooking, grabbing, holding that was occuring away from the puck. All these teams signed great big huge defencemen that can't skate to save their life. Their only hope was to hold onto the guy to run him into the boards.

With these new rules, Talent is going to prevail over size which will be a nice thing to see!!!!

mranak said:
Did the take my ideas:
1) Make the puc red instead of black
2) Make the goal bigger

no but they did downsize goalie equipment..
adn they tried that glowing puck thing on Fox tv years ago it was very annoyig lol

I think the new rule's are working okay at this point in time. Grapes is the bomb and he drops one every saturday.Lol. I agree that the ref's should get a new prescription for there glasses and stop calling that light tapping bullshit.

But anyways GO FLAMES GO!

Back