Oven: How long & what temp?

outlawtas

How long do you typically put your stuff in the oven for and at what temperature? I guess you just put it back in if it's not done?

275 for an hour. It must be properly vented.

There isn't exactly any way to tell if it is "done" or not. In fact, you soon probably won't bother to put it into the oven. Its something we do when we first start, because we want to be as save as possible, but then we realize that the oven doesn't really seem to make a difference.

If you have heavy metals in your gear or whatever, then the oven isn't going to change that, unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong. Put it in the oven for one consecutive hour; doing two 1/2 hours doesn't count.

sirxxlew said:
stick a needle in the vial so the pressure doesn't build up

ah, i see. I thought I had to vent my apartment or something lol. Good thing I'm checking this stuff before I brew lol.

I dont bake. You dont need to, but some people with some pre-existing notions that homebrew is "dirty" feel better when they bake it.

DougoeFre5h said:
I dont bake. You dont need to, but some people with some pre-existing notions that homebrew is "dirty" feel better when they bake it.

do you heat to ensure mixture?

Back