Overtrained? (without the use of gear)

Kim the Swede

I am lifting 3-4 times a week, depending on mood and how my body respond and that is pretty perfect to me.

Now, this fall i am going to do some cardio because i train zero cardio right now and i wanna get down to ~10% BF before i hit my cycle.

Now, what do you think about this schedule?

Monday 90min LEGS
Tuesday 90min Boxing
Wednesday 90min Chest/triceps
Thursday 90min Boxing
Friday 90min Back/biceps
Saturday 90min Boxing
Sunday Chill

I did boxing during highschool and its like the best cardio ever. As you can see in this schedule I have not included shoulders and abs, this because you train that every time you are boxing. Besides I really wanna start boxing again, but at the same time I wanna lift weights.
A friend of mine he told me he lifted weights and played basketball 6 days in a week. And he gained 15lbs in 4.5 months and dropped in bodyfat. (He was not juicing).

My problem is that I am terrafied of getting overtrained. Is this a decent schedule or is it too much? In addition to the mentioned above cardio I am going to power walk for 45-60 min those days I dont box, so that adds up to ~7 hours of cardio/week.

BTW, I am doing it all natural.

I think 90 minute training sessions is about 30 minutes to long for me. I'd drop one of those boxing sessions too, try an get 2 days of rest and recovery.

JohnnyB

JohnnyB said:
I think 90 minute training sessions is about 30 minutes to long for me. I'd drop one of those boxing sessions too, try an get 2 days of rest and recovery.

JohnnyB

I totally agree. My lifting session are never longer that 60 mins, and I need 2 days off in a week.
I alsodonot think that boxing is enough for your shoulders if you do not train them with weight (I could be absolutely wrong on that, since I never boxed, but It sounds me like it's just another cardio session).

Hi bros i make the same time kim and is dificult to les the weight training let say for chest i make 3 exercises of 3-4 sets but i can't lower the time cause if i don't make those three exercise i don't feel the chest to work from the other pov i make long rest between sets let say 5 min cause if i lower the rest poss i feel that i can have enough time to recover power for the next set what u say?

JohnnyB said:

JohnnyB

I need between 75-90 min to complete my training. I can do it faster but it feels better to take some more time.

This is how i train

5 exercises on chest. Each exercise consist of 3 st, execept the first who i do 5 sets.
3 exercises on triceps. 3 sets each.

And I do the same on back/biceps and shoulder/abs.
Legs I do 5-6 exercises and thats all. Because legs are killing me.

airpit said:
Hi bros i make the same time kim and is dificult to les the weight training let say for chest i make 3 exercises of 3-4 sets but i can't lower the time cause if i don't make those three exercise i don't feel the chest to work from the other pov i make long rest between sets let say 5 min cause if i lower the rest poss i feel that i can have enough time to recover power for the next set what u say?

I generally use 3 exercises/3 sets per muscle group, ok, but I take about 2,5 mins rest between sets.

Batman said:
I generally use 3 exercises/3 sets per muscle group, ok, but I take about 2,5 mins rest between sets.

I go for 5 exercises on big muscles groups. Like when you do chest you do a lot of triceps too. After those 5 exercises I do 3 exercises on triceps, and move in for the killing move.

Feels so good afterwards. And I take also around 2.5min break between the sets. And each set takes ~1 min. Thats 3.5 min per set.

And I am doing around ~25 sets each workout which evens out to ~90 minutes.

If you are afraid of overtraining with that schedule (without gear) I tell you that I would surely be overtrained, that way. But this is just me, and maybe you are younger than me.
Anyway I slow down my training when I'm off gear.

Back