Peaking for Dummies; LAST week out...

supergirl

In response to Doc Banner and many others that have asked:

The below information is written by ME and endorsed by ME.. so use it, share it, debate it, but give credit where credit is do.. If you copy and paste it, please give a link back to this board and my name :) Thank you and i do hope this information helps dime ya'll in for a show...

LAST WEEK OUT GUIDELINES:

MONDAY: Last heavy training day (pick any lagging bodypart)...
Begin carb depletion... practice posing, but don't overdo it... Tan...

TUESDAY: Last day of cardio.. practice posing... carb depletion day 2... Last day of tanning...

WEDNESDAY: continue with posing.. carb depletion day 3... shave all body hair... eliminate gaseous and bulky foods and start eliminating salts...

THURSDAY: last meal of carb depletion... then Depletion workout prior to beginning carb up... continue posing... 1 gallon water for the day... cut ALL salts, sweeteners, any milk products.. begin carbing up!
**** last shower.. EXFOLIATE.. get someone in the shower with you to scrub your body and all loose skin.. reshave/touch up.. apply 1st coat of Pro-tan****

FRIDAY: 2nd coat of Pro-tan when you wake up... under 1 gallon water until your 3-4th meal and then 1-2 ozs with each meal until 12 hours prior to show ~9pm, stop all water intake (so that is under 1 gallon for the whole day).. only sips to wet your mouth... continue carb up (make sure to eat sweet potatos for potassium).. continue LIGHT posing... last coat of Pro-tan late evening 12 hours out...

SATURDAY (SHOW): HELTER SKELTER lol... this day and variables will really depend on how you look... Assuming you are right on.. continue with carbing up - breakfast meal (sweet pot/chicken) ... 1 glass of red wine prior to stepping on stage.. (brings out vascularity and helps warm you up) ONLY sips of water to keep your mouth wet... Touch up Pro-tan if necessary...

BETWEEN PJ & NIGHT SHOW: EAT!!! keep water minimal (~24oz) steak, yam, hamburger (no bread), fries lol.. whaveter you want.. depending again on how you look, but the assumption is that you are dimed in perfectly... touch up Pro-tan if necessary.. glass of red wine again prior to stepping on stage...

POST SHOW: PARTY YOUR ASS OFF AND EAT EVERYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON :) lol

well.. there you have a bit of an insight to a "common" last week diming in plan... Adjustments should of course be made based on how you look and personal tweeking should always take place.. But you can use this as a guideline on how to approach your last week out!!!
I do hope this has helped :)

LOVE SUPERGIRL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
FALL 07' UPDATED INFORMATION ON LAST WEEK CUTTING
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok.. so for me personally complex carbs for my carb up did not get me exactly where i wanted to be...
I have found that my body responds a lot better with simple carbs!!

ie) i looked better POST show after a shitload of simple carbs..

but i tried doing a week of cutting this time substituting simple carbs fri night and sat morning
I and also kept in water and i drank 8oz of fruit juice fri night

MUCH fuller and still cut.. this is where i needed to be and do to get my personal results...

My simple sugars consisted of fruit rollups, gummi fruits, spaghetti fri night with low salt gravy, coffee sat morning, & also 2 sugar wafers before getting on stage...

I KNOW that this will NOT work for most people.. but my body just seems to respond better this way.. with the yams and chicken i still could not get hard enough and imo i was not as full...

so thats my personal experience :) maybe something worth trying for others who are getting ready to compete. BUT do not do it without trial and error NOT during a show first!! make sure you know what works!!!

oh and i used ephedra and var.. that is it.
luv supes

Last edited:
Very impressive rundown list! Is the exfoliation necessary if you're not using protan? Tanning bed is good enough for my peoples. LOL

(I use a spray bottle tuned to mist to keep my mouth wet instead of sipping water)

Dial_tone said:
Very impressive rundown list! Is the exfoliation necessary if you're not using protan? Tanning bed is good enough for my peoples. LOL

(I use a spray bottle tuned to mist to keep my mouth wet instead of sipping water)

you are not using pro-tan?!?!? i am suprised because the stage lights always wash out the competitors... well i guess if you peeps are black, then they can get away with it.. but the white peeps gotta pro it up :) hahaha

spray bottle huh :) neat idea

Im wondering since protan darkens you up so much,how much do I really need to tan,I wouldnt think much at all,am I right or wrong

IrishMobBoss said:
Im wondering since protan darkens you up so much,how much do I really need to tan,I wouldnt think much at all,am I right or wrong

a good base tan will make the protan look better.. you don't want to drench yourself in protan or it will look too orange.. a good base will make it look much better!

Plus tanning also helps pull out water and when used with thimucase, prep H etc, it will help shrink fat cells by pulling water out...

if you read above.. NOPE.. last shower is Thursday.. that is your exfoliation shower..
i mean you can obviously wash vital areas were you are not protanning... Don't want you being a smelly skank lol.. but not a full on shower.. it will screw up the color!!

Being Spanish and Greek, I tan Tue, Wed & Thur and just pro-tan 2 coats Fri night.

I also run low dose accutane to prevent acne precontest, my skin is very dry as the protan goes on so much better on dry skin.

Good post.

I'm not into bodybuilding, but I like reading about it. One quick question... what is carb depletion? What does removing carbs help with? Thanks

\m/ MANOWAR \m/ said:
I'm not into bodybuilding, but I like reading about it. One quick question... what is carb depletion? What does removing carbs help with? Thanks
take this into the diet forum bro, get a quicker responce there.

\m/ MANOWAR \m/ said:

Carb Depletion is basically the process of lowering carbohydrate levels (old school to less then 50g / day). When reintroducing carbohydrates back in on thursday and friday you are looking for a supercompensation.

That is the old school way of doing things.

You can still achieve the same results by only cutting your carbs basically in half. Dropping a guy down to 50g isn't a huge deal when they are in the lower weight classes, but when your dealing with a superheavy or heavy it is nearly impossible to fill them back out.

Also sodium and water manipulation on this isn't exactly what I would do but if your new to this you'll get by.

thanks SG...

i have a show in two weeks (no trainer this time)... so i've never done my prep myself.. your prep recipe sounds more apt to work than my previous..

altho on contest day i think i'm gonna do salmon steak & yams.. yummy and satisfying too. :)

Carbs

Carb Depletion is basically the process of lowering carbohydrate levels (old school to less then 50g / day). When reintroducing carbohydrates back in on thursday and friday you are looking for a supercompensation.

That is the old school way of doing things.

You can still achieve the same results by only cutting your carbs basically in half. Dropping a guy down to 50g isn't a huge deal when they are in the lower weight classes, but when your dealing with a superheavy or heavy it is nearly impossible to fill them back out.

Also sodium and water manipulation on this isn't exactly what I would do but if your new to this you'll get by.

Hey Dirk,

How would you do it"as a heayweight"?

Back