Post Cycle Therapy For WOMEN

supergirl

ok... this subject has been up for debate for as long as i can remember... There are not many studies nor research as with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and post cycle therapy (pct) for men...

So, i figured it was about time to make a post about women's post cycle therapy (pct) options to help out women when coming off a cycle and to help men help women since we are VERY different!!!

Post Cycle Therapy i am sure you have heard time and time again... For men, this usually includes an ancillary to re-stimulate natural test production etc. With women, post cycle therapy (pct) is VERY VERY different.
I know it has been the general assumption that women do not need post cycle therapy (pct), however, it has come to my attention (and from years of experience) that we actually DO in fact need post cycle therapy (pct)...

Post Cycle Therapy for women obviously does NOT include a test stimulant, but rather other factors...

Tapers: Everyone wants to know about tapering... Well, that really depends on the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) you are using... The milder the aas, the less the taper. For example, anavar does not call for a taper, however many women have seen less side effects post cycle with a little post cycle taper. This may be 1 week after you complete your cycle where you taper down. Considering the average dosage is 10mgs, a taper would be: (5, 5, 5, 2.5, 2.5, 2.5)

In my own personal experience with anavar, a taper for me really isn't necessary... so just stopping is fine. HOWEVER, i do apply Post Cycle Therapy!

I feel post cycle therapy (pct) should be considered due to these reasons:
  1. Depression: MANY women report depression post cycle. I personally got it really really badly last nov, so now the last week of my cycle, i start cycling in 5HTP. You can also use St. Johns wart or valerian root etc...
  2. Estrogen Rebound: Granted anavar is a mild androgenic, it is still an androgen. Some women experience a slight estrogen rebound. I personally have ALSO experienced this...
    One of the ways i counteract it is to take "Twinlabs Male Fuel". This actually aids allowing my test levels to lower but not drop, thus preventing an estrogen rebound. When a hormone drops suddenly another one always tends to increase to counteract, even though it may not be beneficial to us...
    Another way is to use a very very mild dosage of an estrogen suppressor (ie. nolvadex) to allow the estrogen to slowly level out as the test levels fall post cycle. (As our test levels begin to return to normal and decrease, estrogen will increase post cycle, due to the fact that an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) does suppress estrogen levels a bit, so a suppressor will control the speed at which it increases- thus preventing a possible estrogen rebound!)
  3. Appetite: Most Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) tend to increase your appetite. This has a bit to do with an accelerated metabolism (increased muscle and protein synthesis), nevertheless, Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) can increase appetite. With that said, I think a strict diet should follow your cycle.
    My reasoning for this is that fact that since you have an increased appetite from using an aas, now that that is over, you will continue to experience an increased appetite, but with no Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) anymore. Basically saying that now that you are OFF, you will not be using all the calories/fuel as efficiently as when you were ON. So if you splurge like crazy, you WILL notice a rebound in weight and or fat. Get it ;)
    I HIGHLY recommend a clean diet for about 2 weeks POST cycle!!

Those are the 3 main factors i can think of that may cause havoc with a woman's mental and physical well being post cycle... They are ALL factors i have personally dealt with, struggled with and learned to control!

As a female who is using aas, PLEASE know ALL the facts!!! Be over-prepared! There is nothing worse then a women who loves her results from weeks of suffering, training, dieting, etc... only to waste all her hard work and experience negative side effects post cycle... Estrogen rebound is a bitch. Weight/fat rebound is a bitch. Depression, we won't even go there lol...

So please ladies... LISTEN to your body. Get to really know what works for YOUR body! You may never need post cycle therapy, but you may... so good luck!!!

Stay Strong in the Iron Sisterhood!!

Luv super

I worked in pharmacy for 13 years with a keen interest in medications while training... knowing full well that there are uses and dosage manipulations for drugs that have not yet been classed or approved by the government. From what I've read in the CPS (compendulum of pharmaceuticals and sciences), what supergirl has written is key advice. I don't post alot, but read here on a daily basis.

Do I get that right????

Let say your cycle is 10 weeks on 15 mg Anavar (var) , you start on the 11th week with tapering your dosage????
Is that correct???
It means that you stay on the gear for longer than 10 weeks?? Right???

Damn the more I read the more I get confused!! And I'm not even a real blond :shoot2:

Pleazzzzz make me smarter!!

KISAWA said:
Do I get that right????

Let say your cycle is 10 weeks on 15 mg Anavar (var) , you start on the 11th week with tapering your dosage????
Is that correct???
It means that you stay on the gear for longer than 10 weeks?? Right???

Damn the more I read the more I get confused!! And I'm not even a real blond :shoot2:

Pleazzzzz make me smarter!!

lol.. there is no exact science on this one baby ;) If ya got only enough Anavar (var) for 10 weeks then you run a full cycle 9 weeks and taper in the 10th.. If you have plenty of Anavar (var) then you can complete your full 10 week cycle and use the 11th week as a taper :)

Hi,
im just wondering, is 6 oxo any good for female pct?
I dont normally bother wiv it myself, as iv not suffered shut down sides before.
But this year iv used Sustanon (sust) and judgin on my high, im concerned wiv comin down very low wen i come off.
Im new to this forum, i just stumbled upon it and found it quite interesting so thought id join as you seem so knowledgable.

6 oxo isnt good for anyone CE

as for the nolvadex I would try 5mg and see how it works.. build up from there... max would be 20mg..

Is there anything similar to Twinlabs Male Fuel? I can't seem to buy it where I am located. I am wodering if Get Diesel Sunami will help?
BTW, I am a guy but I am asking this in behalf of my wife.
Thank You!!

Is there anything similar to Twinlabs Male Fuel? I can't seem to buy it where I am located. I am wodering if Get Diesel Sunami will help?
BTW, I am a guy but I am asking this in behalf of my wife.
Thank You!!
There are a plethora of websites that sell it.. ie: vitadigest.com

Here are the ingredients, so look for something comparable when you are out in stores...

Vitamin B6 25mg
(from pyridoxine hydrochloride)

Pantothenic Acid 50mg
(from d-calcium pantothenate)

Zinc 15mg
(from zinc picolinate)

Choline Bitartrate 100mg

L-Arginine Hydrochloride 1400mg

L-Tyrosine 50mg

Yohimbe Bark Extract 400mg
(standardized for 2% yohimbine alkaloids)

Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract 30mg
(standardized for 24% flavone glycosides)

Plant Sterol Concentrate (from soy) 60mg
(standardized for 40% beta-sitosterol)

Saw Palmetto Berry Extract 60mg
(from zinc picolinate)

Zinc 15mg
(from zinc picolinate)

What do you think of Resveratrol? Will it be of any use for a female for PCT?

Resveratrol is kinda like a glorified antioxident?? From the studies I have read, Resveratrol may lower blood sugar. help fight certain cancers or have some sort of life extension properties like an antioxident, but it does not have hormonal properties so I am not sure how or why it would be used as a PCT treatment for women...

Supes

I just finished a 12 week cycle of anavar at 5mgED. I went to purchase the twinlab male fuel, but it was in the male enhancement section at vitamin shop. Will this have any negative sides on a women??? Of course the store employee said a women shouldn't use this but he couldnt give me a logical response on why not

I started taking evening primrose - is this good?

I just finished a 12 week cycle of anavar at 5mgED. I went to purchase the twinlab male fuel, but it was in the male enhancement section at vitamin shop. Will this have any negative sides on a women??? Of course the store employee said a women shouldn't use this but he couldnt give me a logical response on why not

I started taking evening primrose - is this good?

Lexxi....start a new thread for this...thanks!

it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward?"

seems stronger than the old twinlabs male fuel ;) I would start at half the recommended dosage personally.. but am VERY interested in hearing how you used it post cycle therapy (pct) and what you experienced! Thanks Blondie

I used it at regular does, 1 pill AM one pill PM. Usually after a cycle I fee so depressed, tired, unmotivated. Just shitty. But I felt a huge improvement physically and mentally while using this.

Usually after a cycle my recovery time goes up from 1 day to 3, but using the post cycle therapy (pct) I stay at about 2 days recovery with a lot less soreness. My friends even noticed that I was in a better mood through out this post cycle therapy (pct).

Right now I am still finishing up the bottle and just taking 1 pill in the AM to sort of taper it down. But I am going to use this after every cycle in the future.

Back