Should I do a contest?

bula

Mr TampaBay 2007
After training naturally for about 15 years, I finally decided to try and get my act together and diet down. I started dieting and cardio 6 weeks ago, even did 2 weeks of Clen just to try it. There is a open regional contest coming in June i'm considering, 14 weeks to go. I can do novice (since it would be my first), or Masters over 35, or even open middle or open light heavy - depending on where my weight ends up. Currently I am 5'8", 187 lbs. Bf is fairly low, but i'm still wayyyy too thick on my quads and hams. I figure 14 weeks left of cardio, diet and fat burners will get those old fat thighs carved up. I've always had smaller quads, so I figure my best chance is just to rip up as best I can and see how it goes on stage.

So here goes. Comments welcome.

Shit man you look unbelievable for being natty. You are very lean already don't burn up too much of your muscle. Especially if your not going to run anything close to the contest. Excellent work though you must be close to 6% already.

Wow. You look freaking awesome man. Im glad to see someone workout those calfs and quads. You should definitely hit a show up. Great work!!

stick with some high intensity cardio and those quads will seperate nicely! I dont know what the competition looks like down there but you look like your on your way to taking your class atleast. Like lifttillIdie said dont burn off too much muscle, you look way ahead of the game for 14 weeks out.

Vennom96 said:
Damn man you look great. Definately do a show. What does your diet look like?

Pretty tight diet. I eat clean clean clean, especially the past 6 weeks with no sugar or even moderate glycemic foods at all. Lots of Oatmeal, egg beaters, chicken, fish, green veggies, limited brown rice, whey protein 3x a day (including a shake every night 3am after my regular nightly piss), drink mostly only water. Use splenda when I can for tasty oats. Supplements are very strict and timed to the hour. About 1700-2000 cals max daily, but since foods are whole foods, there is high quantity so I feel full after about every meal.

40/40/20 protein carb fats daily (rough guess) for now. I'll dial in my carbs weekly up to the show in june, but super slowly. The reason for cutting early was that since this could be my first show, I refuse to go low carb and crash the final 2-3 weeks just to nail the bf number. I've seen too many others do this, diet too hard at the end and go in so flat. I've got 14 weeks of more 2x daily cardio, intense workouts but only moderate cutting of carbs to keep my muscles full while still nailing the bodyfat level I need. At least that's my strategy. I figure I got 6-8 lbs of bodyfat left to drop in about 12 weeks. So long as I keep my daily cals level and my insulin in check, I should nail it.

bula said:
Pretty tight diet. I eat clean clean clean, especially the past 6 weeks with no sugar or even moderate glycemic foods at all. Lots of Oatmeal, egg beaters, chicken, fish, green veggies, limited brown rice, whey protein 3x a day (including a shake every night 3am after my regular nightly piss), drink mostly only water. Use splenda when I can for tasty oats. Supplements are very strict and timed to the hour. About 1700-2000 cals max daily, but since foods are whole foods, there is high quantity so I feel full after about every meal.

40/40/20 protein carb fats daily (rough guess) for now. I'll dial in my carbs weekly up to the show in june, but super slowly. The reason for cutting early was that since this could be my first show, I refuse to go low carb and crash the final 2-3 weeks just to nail the bf number. I've seen too many others do this, diet too hard at the end and go in so flat. I've got 14 weeks of more 2x daily cardio, intense workouts but only moderate cutting of carbs to keep my muscles full while still nailing the bodyfat level I need. At least that's my strategy. I figure I got 6-8 lbs of bodyfat left to drop in about 12 weeks. So long as I keep my daily cals level and my insulin in check, I should nail it.

Sounds great, thanks for sharing. I'm sure you'll do great at the show.
One more q, are you on cycle now?

No cycle. I have never done steroids. I tried M1T (oral pro hormone) for a few weeks but I never saw anything from it except body acne and back pain. I tried Clenbuterol for fat burning, but not sure if it did anything either. So I just stick with the basics.

Looking great bro, some advice woul be to try to widen and thicken the back some.
You surely dont need 14 weeks to cut up that little fat you have left... I would say 8 tops but that depends on how youre body is.

Good luck!

Back