should i get knee wraps for my leg day?

kenkong

I am banned!
noticed my right knee hurts sometimes during squat or hack squat or leg press. my form is fine but for some reason its just the right knee. my lifts are 3 plate squat, 6 plate hack squat each side and 13 plate leg press each side. would the wraps help alot?

I'd try the neoprene sleeves before wraps. I use the blue rehbands and they made quite a difference just by keeping my knee joints warm.

I'd probably chuckle to myself a bit if I saw someone wrapping up for a 3 plate squat...

I'd try the neoprene sleeves before wraps. I use the blue rehbands and they made quite a difference just by keeping my knee joints warm.

I'd probably chuckle to myself a bit if I saw someone wrapping up for a 3 plate squat...

Lol 3 plates is heavy man. Idk bout sleeves i think wrap is better. Want something to work for sure

It ll help but itwill not help you get stronger as quickly. When I competed in the 198 my leg day went
stretch
squats
1 plate
2 plates
3 plates wear a belt
4 plates wrap s 5 plates a suit.

they are a pain in the ass though. I'd bet sleeves would help more than you think. They won't add any weight to your squat...if that's what you want then go for it. Wraps really are a pain in the ass and if tight you won't want them on long.

they are a pain in the ass though. I'd bet sleeves would help more than you think. They won't add any weight to your squat...if that's what you want then go for it. Wraps really are a pain in the ass and if tight you won't want them on long.

I just want the wraps for my right knee . I can feel it stressed during hack squat too

I can't imagine squatting with only one knee wrapped, even loosely wrapped. You do know they give a good bit of assistance?

What's to loose by trying the sleeves out? Shit try them both out, I'd just recommend the sleeves first for ease of use and not really affecting your training or progression.

Also, I know you say your form is good, but just going off of what I've seen of guys who think they have perfect form...yours probably sucks. Nothing personal, it's just common to see absolute shit form in gyms. Especially with trainers and people who hire them.

I can't imagine squatting with only one knee wrapped, even loosely wrapped. You do know they give a good bit of assistance?

What's to loose by trying the sleeves out? Shit try them both out, I'd just recommend the sleeves first for ease of use and not really affecting your training or progression.

Also, I know you say your form is good, but just going off of what I've seen of guys who think they have perfect form...yours probably sucks. Nothing personal, it's just common to see absolute shit form in gyms. Especially with trainers and people who hire them.

if its form then why only the right knee? its weird

It may not be...never seen you squat.

My form did in my left knee though. They don't always wear the same. I always had a tendency to hit first on my left leg when landing parachutes I think. Maybe...who knows. I was half squatting and not shoving my knees out hard enough. Fixed that and no more issues. Well sleeves too.

If your going to wrap brother, wrap both not just one. Thats asking for trouble.

I wouldnt wrap on your squat but definitely the hack squats as I find at least for me there a lot of pressure on the knees with that exercise. Id wrap on leg press too for some extra stability especially if your having knee issues already. But whatever you do wrap both. Have you ever though of training a tad lighter for a short peroid of time to let your knee heal up.

Last edited:
noticed my right knee hurts sometimes during squat or hack squat or leg press. my form is fine but for some reason its just the right knee. my lifts are 3 plate squat, 6 plate hack squat each side and 13 plate leg press each side. would the wraps help alot?

6 plate hack squat each side and a 13 plate each side leg press.... Young and Natural?

I was assuming the plates were altogether plates not per side. Guess if payed more attention i would have realized it WAS per side, lol.

Last edited:
6 plate hack squat each side and a 13 plate each side leg press.... Young and Natural?

yessir each side, 20 and natural but my right knee is giving problems so thats why i asked. now that i see it i think knee sleves might be better as im only looking for knee support

OP--- F the knee straps.. Just stop lifting so much damn weight,, that's why your knee hurts.
Keep it up and you'll be done lifting for good 5 years from now cause of injuries

OP--- F the knee straps.. Just stop lifting so much damn weight,, that's why your knee hurts.
Keep it up and you'll be done lifting for good 5 years from now cause of injuries

Dude i can handle it hyperthrophy. I dont it just for few reps then ya it be too heavy

Don't bother with this. He is a lying troll. His very first post he gave his stats. 27 I believe. Now he is a 20 year old that lift huge. a mod needs to ban this person.

Back