Shutdown from Anavar!!!...Please Help!!!

newdude2005

Alright guys, mods, I could really use some serious advice and help. I am 37 years and about a year ago I had my natural testoterone levels tested (keep in mind I had never done any Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) at this time). The level was at an amazing 780. My Doc told me this is the highest natural level that he had ever seen. I inquired about anavar and my goals/reasons behind doing it and he prescribed me some moderate doses of oxandrolone. Now...1 year later and 2 very short and mild Anavar only cycles later I was tested again.

Its at 280!!!!!

Keep in mind I did not do any post cycle therapy (pct) as the cycles that I did were both right around 8 weeks each, well spaced, with only 20-25 mgs per day....totally mild right??? Well for all you mods who said that Anavar will shut you down at even low doses... you were absolutely right. Not sure at what point over the last year this has happend but here I am. I just finished the 2nd cycle a month ago and only ran it for only 5 weeks. I am very perplexed and am wondering what to do. Rather than hearing people say "I told ya so" Please give me some concrete advice pertaining to geting me back up.

After apologizing to me my Doc has now given me Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to run 1ml (1000iu's) every day for 10 days and then 1 ml 2/week for the next ten days (20 total)He has also given me test/prop to inject 100 mg/s every 5-7 days. I asked him what the prop was for and he said to supplement my low test while I am kickstarting my natural production. He says it helps with the process. Keep in mind that this is the same guy that gave me the Anavar with no post cycle therapy (pct). Does this sound right???? What is the logic behind the prop????

Sorry for the long post...thanks guys.

you dont need the test prop, the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) will be doing a fine job of raising test. you should get some nolva or clomid to run with it though.
you may need to run the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) longer...

stop taking the prop and get yourself a SERM

thanks for the input. Does the dosage of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) look right???? Also what is the logic behing running Nolva or Clomid along with HCG??? Thanks.

MENTZER said:
Bro anavar is super mild even at high doses. I didnt feel any kind of shutdown whatsoever so i didnt see the need to use Clomid, i would recommend this guy to use some supps like biotest and zma for post cycle therapy (pct). Since theres no estrogen floating around post cycle he doesnt need clomid/nolvadex.

Apperantly it wasn't the var because var doesn't shut you down. Right Mentzer?

newdude2005 said:
Alright guys, mods, I could really use some serious advice and help. I am 37 years and about a year ago I had my natural testoterone levels tested (keep in mind I had never done any Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) at this time). The level was at an amazing 780. My Doc told me this is the highest natural level that he had ever seen. I inquired about anavar and my goals/reasons behind doing it and he prescribed me some moderate doses of oxandrolone. Now...1 year later and 2 very short and mild Anavar only cycles later I was tested again.

Its at 280!!!!!
Please give as much detail as possible as this is very helpful information for the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) community.

How long were those Oxandrolone cycles? What was the dosage and how often? How long after the last cycle did you get tested?

The more detail the better. And the information is very much apprecaited.

BTW: Your physician could easily loose his medical license and even go to jail for prescribing you Oxandrolone for muscle-building reasons to a man such as yourself (that is, lack of a wasting disease).

As for what you should do.....well, the details from above will help to determien the best course for you to take.

LiftTillIDie said:

You retard why dont you get your head out of your ass and stop following me around like a little fag. I didnt use post cycle therapy (pct) you retard and i am fine you dumb ass monkey how MANY TIMES ARE WE GONNA TELL YOU THAT EVERYONE IS DIFFEERENT. You stupid fool i can shut your ass up right now by posting a pic. Dickhead. :rant: :insane2:

Update: just noticed that you said that you "finished the 2nd cycle a month ago and only ran it for only 5 weeks." Don't know the dosages though.

I also read the part about the physician prescribing you test prop to use while recovering. Is this a fucking joke? Who the fuck is this guy? That makes _no sense_ whatsoever. Are you in Florida? Most of the docs that prescribe anything seemt to be down there.

Do NOT use the hCG at 1,000iu/day.

DO get yourself a SERM-class drug: eg tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex), Clomifene (formerly Clomiphene/Clomid), or Evista.

MENTZER said:
You retard why dont you get your head out of your ass and stop following me around like a little fag. I didnt use post cycle therapy (pct) you retard and i am fine you dumb ass monkey how MANY TIMES ARE WE GONNA TELL YOU THAT EVERYONE IS DIFFEERENT. You stupid fool i can shut your ass up right now by posting a pic. Dickhead. :rant: :insane2:

hahahaha post up bro

LiftTillIDie said:

every person is different so is there reaction to aas.....maybe mentzer wasnt shutdown while this guy is.....take deca fopr example ive done a 4 week cycle of that experienced no loss of libido or lack of sex drive/motivation
yet a blood test revealed i was virtually castrate....but i didnt "feel" shutdown

back to the question ......if you no longer wish to use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) ....id just stop
and wait for the body to get back to normal ...you tested low 5 weeks after
stopping your cycle i bet in another 2-4 weeks you would be back to normal..
if you wish to continue youll need to plan a post cycle therapy (pct) to run after every cycle...
there is no "one true method" you need to find what works for you....theres plenty of info on this site...

rockape76 said:
every person is different so is there reaction to aas.....maybe mentzer wasnt shutdown while this guy is.....take deca fopr example ive done a 4 week cycle of that experienced no loss of libido or lack of sex drive/motivation
yet a blood test revealed i was virtually castrate....but i didnt "feel" shutdown

back to the question ......if you no longer wish to use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) ....id just stop
and wait for the body to get back to normal ...you tested low 5 weeks after
stopping your cycle i bet in another 2-4 weeks you would be back to normal..
if you wish to continue youll need to plan a post cycle therapy (pct) to run after every cycle...
there is no "one true method" you need to find what works for you....theres plenty of info on this site...

You did a 4 week cycle of deca or npp? And I agree that how you "feel" isn't necessarily an indication of how shut down you are, there are too many factors at play there.

MENTZER said:
If you used Oxandrolone at Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) dosages, then your natural testosterone production was suppressed unless you are a fucking freak. To claim that you are 'different' without even having bloodwork done gives you no credibility.

newdude2005 said:

Its at 280!!!!!

Keep in mind I did not do any post cycle therapy (pct) as the cycles that I did were both right around 8 weeks each, well spaced, with only 20-25 mgs per day....totally mild right??? Well for all you mods who said that Anavar will shut you down at even low doses... you were absolutely right. Not sure at what point over the last year this has happend but here I am. I just finished the 2nd cycle a month ago and only ran it for only 5 weeks. I am very perplexed and am wondering what to do. Rather than hearing people say "I told ya so" Please give me some concrete advice pertaining to geting me back up.

After apologizing to me my Doc has now given me Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to run 1ml (1000iu's) every day for 10 days and then 1 ml 2/week for the next ten days (20 total)He has also given me test/prop to inject 100 mg/s every 5-7 days. I asked him what the prop was for and he said to supplement my low test while I am kickstarting my natural production. He says it helps with the process. Keep in mind that this is the same guy that gave me the Anavar with no post cycle therapy (pct). Does this sound right???? What is the logic behind the prop????

Sorry for the long post...thanks guys.

Anyone who thinks clomid post cycle therapy (pct) for 3 weeks would have saved his ass is a damn fool. At any age there is a risk of permanantly screwing up your hpta if your self administering steroids.

How is your sexdrive. I find it hard to beleive that anavar shut you down that hard, there's been many studies where anavar was ran 12 weeks or more and no one suffered any ill effects besides changes in their cholestrol value. If you have 280 after a years break then wait till you do a test cycle in your case it will be damn near 0. Do as the doc say and stay away from steroids is my advice. Steroids are not for you.

rockape76 said:
take deca fopr example ive done a 4 week cycle of that experienced no loss of libido or lack of sex drive/motivation
Exactly. We knew that your test was near zero regardless of what you thought and bloodwork confirmed it.

MENTZER said:
I find it hard to beleive that anavar shut you down that hard, there's been many studies where anavar was ran 12 weeks or more and no one suffered any ill effects besides changes in their cholestrol value.
What study is that? The study data that I have seen shows that dosages of Oxandrolone of 40mg+/day suppresses LH, FSH and testosterone production.

mranak said:
What study is that? The study data that I have seen shows that dosages of Oxandrolone of 40mg+/day suppresses LH, FSH and testosterone production.

Let me say this again. DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT. I have been reading your post and all you like to do is argue. Well i dont have the time to entertain you you so bug soemone else.

Newdude2005 bro i read this post of yours.
From personal experience I have to agree with your Docs. I am 37 and recently had my levels checked and my test levels were just above 800. This is extremely high for natural levels (keep in mind I have not done a cycle in over 15 years) and my Doc said it was the highest level he had ever seen at ANY age. I can tell you that my libido aint what it used to be...my stamina aint great...and I also don't have the energy I used to. For these reasons I would have to agree with your Doc's. The only thing I will say is that I seem to hold muscle more than other guys my age and I can manipulate my body weight much easier. Another reason I would agree with your Doc is a buddy of mine in his 40's just had his checked and his natural levels were like 50. (that's right...50!!!) This guy is in awesome shape and is a hell of a lot bigger than me so go figure.

So basically you have taken steroids in the past so this wasnt your first cycle, what you wrote about your libido and everything else is usually associated with low test levels so i am really confused. I personally think the lab mixed your results with someone else's. I was having sex 4 times a day on anavar without anything so i said screw clomid.

Hows your sex drive. Are you loosing muscle mass.

MENTZER said:

Allow me to shut your ass up now.

Get some bloodwork to prove your fine and if everyone is different as you claim shouldn't you tell everyone to be safe and run post cycle therapy (pct)? Also why do you only mention clomid as post cycle therapy (pct) in your posts?

in defence of mentzer.......aas do different things to different people ..
there has been much said about anavars lack of suppression over the years and a few studies....he may well be a freak.......i know one hes cycled for 5 years has never run a post cycle therapy (pct) or used an anti estrogen has never suffered from excess aromatization or other side effect ...he was once on for 6 months and his hdl/ldl barely changed ...once he finished he had a low test level but only for 4 weeks (i would have been a gyno riddled eunech for months)not possible? I SAW THE BLOODWORK.......he also never loses mass when he comes off........hes a complete freak and a very unsympathetic bastard when i whinge about sides........(this thread has raised very interesting questions
ones we all thought we knew the answers to a long time ago ...wrong...
this is why i love Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) study its something very new and cutting edge...sure people having been whacking x amount in there asses for ages but its only now in 2006 that were starting to think for ourselves and strive for the proper answers....) :) :)

Hey newdude do me a favor and do the post cycle therapy (pct) that these guys write upi for you, run it for however long they tell you to, go get a bloodtest a month post post cycle therapy (pct) and please post your results here for us to see how useful your post cycle therapy (pct) was.

Back