Steroids in cancer treatment: Long term side effects?

Chris9112

What's up ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Chris and I just signed up to this site.

I have a question for you guys so let me tell you my story first:

When I was a baby (3 months old) I was diagnosed with neuroblastoma cancer. I was treated and when I was about a year and a half it was all over and I made it (yay!)

Now this:
I'm a big guy (6'1, not extremely obese around 20%) and whenever I go to the gym, I seem to get bigger easily. I'm muscular fat (think fat powerflifter) and someone came up to me and asked me if I ever did steroids. I didn't. This guy told me the side effects of steroids (gynosomethingmastia, stretch marks, big belly (big gut), mood swings etc.), did some research on my own and well, I seem to have ticked almost all of the boxes.

So:
- Is it possible that during my cancer treatment, along with chemo I got steroids too?
- Is it possible I have these "side effects" because of it?
- Can it be that I took other things and unknowingly caused these "side effects"?

I have taken fat burners (Ripped Freak, HyperShred), protein shakes and BCAA's. That's basically it on supplements. Can these be the guilty ones?

OR (and this would be the "better" option): I just have to f*cking work out because I'm fat?

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

Chris

Most likely, you did not receive steroids during your cancer treatment.

However, you may have a hormonal imbalance if your body is as described.
Many people suffer from "bitch tits"/Gyno who have never touched a steroid. Causes for this are mostly attributed to high estrogen, which could result from MANY lifestyle choices including diet, alcohol, and products you use every day that can zap testosterone levels and increase estrogen levels.

Lastly, some cancer treatments can lower testosterone levels and elevate estrogen levels.

Along with a blood test, I would recommend you see a endocrinologist and talk to him about past treatments you've received. Discuss your body/physical attributes and ask if there may be a problems with your hormones as a result of past treatments.

Back