SWEET new piece of equipment for my lab!

BigRonWannabee

Laboratory hotplate with magnetic stir rod. For any of you who took chem, bio or similar labs in college, I copped one of those bitches for myself. Ill get a pic up when I get my camera operating. The thing is awesome. Its a hotplate that you can put your vials on...and throw in a magnetic stir rod. The hotplate has a rotating magnet inside it and spins the rod inside your vial...instant mixing.

Seems like a waste of time ....and you have to get the rod out of the vial or beaker..for that you use a stir rod...Id only use a magnetic stirrer if I was stiring something that needed over 5 minutes to disolve for example Fina pellets would be good for that..

sweet dougoe!! i know exactly what ur talkin bout.....every lab class i got, i just always think of how the hell i can manage to steal one of em....Hmmph im jealous now! lol....

damn right gymmy, its fuckin nice.

And BN, waste of time? Im not trying to save time bro, the thing is nice and convenient. I suppose you heat yours on something better...?

Bimmer said:
how much did it cost ya?

well, thems things can go for couple hundred dollars if you buy from a legit factory, but like 100 bucks if ya buy it off the street....

unless duggie here used the socalled four finger discount...which i doubt he did :blue:

now all you need is a scale that takes the powder out of the bag, weighs it and puts in into the mixing beaker... hahahahahahaha

Def wanna see a pic though... I've never seen one...

Derek

yeh ive got a dual magnetic stirrer/hot plate combination going. what id recommend if you want even heating if you ever heat your solutions is to make an oil bath, like get a flat glass cup, like 6" diameter, and 2" high and put some type of oil in there, so you dont have to put your beaker/flasks directly onto the hotplate. hopefully you got round bottom flasks, i love those things, once you go round bottom you never go back. :) i'm sure you know how to use it though if you've taken chemistry classes.

Back