Test Acetate cycle - advice

I find there is significantly less information on Testosterone Acetate, but from everything I have read it seems like it's very similar to Propionate , but somewhat less painful. I have been circling around my first cycle for some time now and I am asking for some advice from some of the more knowledgeable users here.

First my stats: 5'11" / 8-10bf / 33yrs / 192lbs

I have been training in pro wrestling & lifting weights / exercising for just over 1 year and I am looking to make some better gains and improve my physique. I am not looking anything as extreme as bodybuilding gains - just a really nice (better) cut and dry look. Diet is in check.

On to my considered cycle:

Weeks 1-6
Test Acetate 100mg EOD (300mg/week)
Proviron 50mg ED

Weeks 7-10
Nolva 40/40/20/20
Clomid 100/100/50/50

Letro on hand as AI (gyno prone - previous surgery from puberty gyno)

Is there any benefit to running a longer ester on a first cycle? I am considering a short ester to give less time to see how my body reacts and also to keep my first cycle short and sweet. I am also keeping my daily intake under 500, but over 250 for the same reasons. From what I have heard and read, prop can be very painful and I have access to Acetate, so that is why I am considering Acetate. Please provide me with as much advice and criticism as you want - Anything helps. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Welcome to the board . Why be different. Not a good 1st cycle. Because you've been training and in sports doesn't have much to do with your body and getting to know how to use AAS.

300mgs of test per week isn't a good cycle at all. Not for 6 weeks either. Most use 250mgs of test per week to put their test levels around what they would be naturally. Not sure why you have proviron in there. Having letro for your ai on your first cycle will most likely be disasterous. You will most likely crush e2 with that. Considering you only plan on using 300mgs of test, letro is way overkill at whatever dose. I would scrap this cycle plan and stick with something more tried and true. Pinning eod on a first cycle with virgin muscle will imminently suck! You should wait atleast 7 days before pinning the same site again. No thanks.

Read the ology faq's thread and/or the beginner cycle stickys...

Run test e or test c for a first cycle, going to be much easier then pinning every day with test ace (though I like pinning every day , but I've ran gear for years).

BUT..
I'll go against the grain here and give you some good things about your cycle.

-Test ace is not a bad choice at 300mg because you get a near 98% absorption rate. Which is going to be almost like running 430mg of test E. So thats not a bad dosage for a first cycle.
-Also, you'll get more out of the 300mg because you are throwing the proviron in there. What this will do is bind to shbg, and allow more 'free' test to be available for anabolic purposes. You'll also have less estrogen issues with the proviron being it has a strong binding affinity to aromatase enzyme , so that means less test will be converted to estrogen.

so with those two things, you're cycle is similar to running a 450mg a week test e cycle with a small dose of an AI.

however, I would go ahead and purchase an AI, like adex, and run it at a small dosage being you may be gyno prone. .25mg 2-3x per week. save the letro for another cycle when you decide to blast dbol or something (its complete overkill with a test only cycle)

run HCG as well

Run test e or test c for a first cycle, going to be much easier then pinning every day with test ace (though I like pinning every day , but I've ran gear for years).

BUT..
I'll go against the grain here and give you some good things about your cycle.

-Test ace is not a bad choice at 300mg because you get a near 98% absorption rate. Which is going to be almost like running 430mg of test E. So thats not a bad dosage for a first cycle.
-Also, you'll get more out of the 300mg because you are throwing the proviron in there. What this will do is bind to shbg, and allow more 'free' test to be available for anabolic purposes. You'll also have less estrogen issues with the proviron being it has a strong binding affinity to aromatase enzyme , so that means less test will be converted to estrogen.

so with those two things, you're cycle is similar to running a 450mg a week test e cycle with a small dose of an AI.

however, I would go ahead and purchase an AI, like adex, and run it at a small dosage being you may be gyno prone. .25mg 2-3x per week. save the letro for another cycle when you decide to blast dbol or something (its complete overkill with a test only cycle)

run HCG as well

Thanks for the reply, brother. It's nice to hear some positive feedback on test ace as Ive been told quite a few times to go with cyp or enanthate without any reason why - not that I would be opposed to that if a benefit over ace made more sense. I'd just prefer my first cycle to be on a short ester and im not opposed to pinning more often. You provided helpful advice and I appreciate that. I should have clarified originally that the letro was not meant to be run on cycle - I should have said "on hand for gyno issues" not to be run as AI on cycle. I basically have it incase gyno flares up really bad. I was planning on using the proviron as an AI/hardening on cycle since the test dosage is low. Having said that - should I still use adex on cycle @ .25 with the proviron? Or at least have it on hand for gyno rather than letro?

Proviron isn't an ai and shouldn't be substituted for one. Adex would be a good thing to use. Letro is very old school for gyno. Serms like ralox work good for gyno.

Thanks for the reply, brother. It's nice to hear some positive feedback on test ace as Ive been told quite a few times to go with cyp or enanthate without any reason why - not that I would be opposed to that if a benefit over ace made more sense. I'd just prefer my first cycle to be on a short ester and im not opposed to pinning more often. You provided helpful advice and I appreciate that. I should have clarified originally that the letro was not meant to be run on cycle - I should have said "on hand for gyno issues" not to be run as AI on cycle. I basically have it incase gyno flares up really bad. I was planning on using the proviron as an AI/hardening on cycle since the test dosage is low. Having said that - should I still use adex on cycle @ .25 with the proviron? Or at least have it on hand for gyno rather than letro?

I'd go ahead and run the Proviorn for the reasons I mentioned , PLUS have an actual AI to use as well , like aromasin or Adex, to take as a preventative , not to just have on hand .

you don't need the Letro, your not going to get gyno on this cyle if you run an AI like Adex . having said that , I myself do use Letro on occasions , however I only use it when I'm blasting 1000+mg of test along with Dbol and Deca, so I need an AI plus letro with that high of aromatization going on. your not doing anything like that and will be just fine with a standard AI protocol

Back