Test Cyp: testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and cycle in between blood tests. please help!

CBukowski

Test Cyp: TRT and cycle in between blood tests. please help!

New poster but long time reader. Long story short, I had blood work done just before I was going to start my first cycle, a mild run of test c, 400 mg per week, 12 weeks. I found out that my test levels were low (total 287, free 72, was feeling like crap so makes sense). Doc prescribed only 100mg EO week, and I am due back for round 2 of blood work in December. My question is, how long before the December checkpoint do I need to stop running the extra test in order for the levels to drop down to what they would be at using only what was prescribed? My end goal is to obtain a reasonable script and not go back with artificially high levels! I looked into the half lifes but am not entirely sure, so I thought it would be best to ask the experts.

Thanks for your help!!

STATS
41 yo
Train 4 days per week, clean diet

Don't run a cycle until you get your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) completely dialed in. Besides, you don't have enough time to even run a decent cycle. Once you are dialed in and good with your doctor where you only need to seem him about once a year for a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) checkup, then you can look at doing a blast.

As for your dose of 100mg EO week, that is probably too low. Also, injected once every two weeks is bad. You should be injecting at least once a week. Better still is injecting every 3.5 days. This keeps you off the roller coaster ride with your TT.

How long have you been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? I am wondering if waiting until December for labs again is too far out.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just started both the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and the cycle this week: need to even it out, but ended up at 400mg total: my supply plus the small amount the doc prescribed.

So, even a 10 week cycle, starting this week and ending in mid November won't allow my test levels to drop back down by the mid-December re-check of the blood?

I agree that the 200mg every 30 days is insufficient. doc is adamant that we need to wait til the next round of blood tests in December before changing anything. No guarantee anything will happen then either so I may need to look for another provider.. ...

Dial in testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) first. I can't be adamant enough about this.

As a fellow trt'r...I would listen to Megatron, especially when he is very adamant about something! :) Seriously it's solid advice, however sounds like you already started the cycle?

I did already start the cycle, but only one week in. I will take Megatron's advice and drop back to the prescribed dose of 100mg eo week until I can get into the doc in December. Wish I could get them to up the ante a bit to something worthwhile!

Push to get in there sooner. 8 weeks after starting perhaps. That should be enough time to find out where that dose is putting you for TT. It is probably going to be on the lower side; so the sooner you can make a case, through lab work and "still got symptoms," for upping the dose the better.

Thanks. It is quite the process to get a reasonable strength and frequency prescribed so hoping for the best. Weird thing was that I was originally prescribed 200mg test e eo week, but the pharmacy did not have it available, so after a ton of back and forth,the Dr wrote it for 200 test c but every 30 days instead of eoweek...which sounded crazy to me. After more back and forth they stood firm at 200 mg every 30 days, but told me I could split it into 100mg eo week if concerned about peaks and valleys.

Back