Testosterone = More Muscle Fibers

Slayer said:
I may be just reading this wrong, but what does dose have to do with KEEPING gains?

It means this: if all the above is true, hyperplasia will cause the birth of new muscle cells, causing permanent growth, as opposed to hypertrophy, which causes expanding of muscle cells, which could shrink later.

my next cycle will be 600mg of test e per week with 300mg of deca per week, i will eventually work my way up to a gram of test e per week. i figure within 2 years i'll be there.

i've done 500 test a week and 100mg of anadrol a day, so 1000mg of test seems easier on my system ...its been 2 weeks on 1000mg test enan and 500 eq and feel great.. going to do this for 12 weeks then substitute eq with tren enan at 500mg a week for 12 weeks....

Jusee said:
I will probably never have the guts to hit that dosage unless it is very concentrated and nothing else works after 7 + cycles etc. I dont know. 1000g is lots. :eyes:

You say that now but stick around for a while and we'll see what happens.

I have been on a gram without knowing it. Planned on 750/week but bloodwork afterwards showed the gear was heavily overdosed.

DocJ said:
I always hear the big guys saying: "the magic starts at 2g/week" maybe there's something to it :)

I've heard that, tried that, and found it untrue (for me). Maybe if crushing SHBG and the like is thrown into the bag, otherwise the body is going to neutralize that shit anyway, and fucking A the side effects surely do go up.

I have been up to a gram and a half without any anti A though, where in the past I needed it ~600mg a week. The human body adapts, I found no magical shortcut. I still prefer lower doses and stacking. :shrug:

I know several guys who would put almost everyone here to shame and they are on low dose shit, rookies run more than them. I also remember a first time cycler who started out at 2 grams a week, thinking it was the hot ticket. Now he wont even touch the shit his experience was so bad.

Mudge said:
I've heard that, tried that, and found it untrue (for me). Maybe if crushing SHBG and the like is thrown into the bag, otherwise the body is going to neutralize that shit anyway, and fucking A the side effects surely do go up.

I have been up to a gram and a half without any anti A though, where in the past I needed it ~600mg a week. The human body adapts, I found no magical shortcut. I still prefer lower doses and stacking. :shrug:

I know several guys who would put almost everyone here to shame and they are on low dose shit, rookies run more than them. I also remember a first time cycler who started out at 2 grams a week, thinking it was the hot ticket. Now he wont even touch the shit his experience was so bad.
Your situation is not an uncommon one...genetics also apply to response to Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use. Some people respond to lower doses much more favorably than others. Obviously one would need to find out where they stand on this spectrum, if you respond very well to 600mg/week, yes, why not keep it there...

..genetics also apply to response to Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use

yep i agree that genetics plays a part. If you don't believe me, read Dharkam's article on the size and shape of the androgen receptors being variable among people. It's on mesomorphosis.

cheesepuff said:
i've done 500 test a week and 100mg of anadrol a day, so 1000mg of test seems easier on my system ...its been 2 weeks on 1000mg test enan and 500 eq and feel great.. going to do this for 12 weeks then substitute eq with tren enan at 500mg a week for 12 weeks....

Sooo, like 24 weeks on?

Gonna bump my Test up to a gram per week next cycle. Normally i stay at 500mg but sometimes go as high as 750mg....curious to see what kind of gains i get on 1000mg for 6 weeks.

cheesepuff said:
yeah, 24 weeks on and will go from there.... got till may 07 to put on as much size as possible then have to start geeting ready for show in august..

Cool.

This thread makes me laugh, someone starts some hype for high doses then like lemmings everyone ups there doses, if I posted an artical on low doses everyone would suddenly cut there doses...just pointing out the obvious.

Lucky13 said:
This thread makes me laugh, someone starts some hype for high doses then like lemmings everyone ups there doses, if I posted an artical on low doses everyone would suddenly cut there doses...just pointing out the obvious.
Not necessarily high doses...the study used 300-600mg/week but I think the overall point it that test creates satellite cells that can turn into new muscle. Bottom line: the 500mg/week dose recommended by many on this board for newbies is right on according to this study. I simply suggested that test is the ONLY Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) that all the pros take in large doses and the reason is that they don't see a proportional amount of growth from increased doses of other compounds.

Here's a chunk from the into to the study...note the bold:

Because significant increases in type I and type II muscle fiber cross-sectional areas were observed only in men receiving the 600-mg weekly doses of testosterone enanthate (40), and to a lesser extent in those receiving the 300-mg dose, we focused our analysis of satellite cells on these two groups. In addition, we included the 125-mg dose group as a control, because men in this group did not experience demonstrable muscle fiber hypertrophy or an increase in myonuclear number.

DocJ Comment: What does this mean? Well, it could mean that any test only cycle that's much below 300mg/week could be inefficient at getting the most "bang for the buck" with test.

Thoms said:
It means this: if all the above is true, hyperplasia will cause the birth of new muscle cells, causing permanent growth, as opposed to hypertrophy, which causes expanding of muscle cells, which could shrink later.

Thanks Thoms. Nice explanation.

Back