Thinking about giving up on the home brew

PSUKICKSASS

I am super careful and clean when making my gear. But in the last 2 months I have got 3 infections. I have taken a shot from a vial and had no problems, then taken one from the same vial and got infected. I dont understand. Is it possible to take a shot and have no infection then take a shot of the same gear and get an infection from the gear? I take a shower before the injects, put rubber gloves on, i use atleast 10 alcohol pad plus dump 91% on the pads until there is nothing but a clean pad. I am so f-ing irritated w/ this shit! My traning partner doesnt use alcohol, doesnt aspirate, and doesnt do post cycle therapy (pct) and he never has problems(yes he is an idiot and i have told him the right way, but at 37 yrs old i can only tell him). I go the extra time on everything and get f-uped.

Any ideas? Should i just throw in the towel and start buying expensive shit again?

If you are getting infections so easily, you should see a doc and tell him you get infections easily. Hell check your white blood cell count. If its high, you will probably be put on a dose of antibiotics because you may have an ongoing infection somewhere you dont even know about which is comprimising your overall health and immune system. Just a thought.

I was carrying around an infection also. After two weeks ended up in hospital where i was givien cypro to kill it... all is fine now.. still don't know what it was or why but the white blood cells were elevated.

get checked out

tommbstone said:
still don't know what it was or why but the white blood cells were elevated.
White blood cells fight infection.

My white blood cells are actually below the normal range. Don't know why.

1. Describe what's happening that lends you to believe you're getting infections.
2. You may just be getting some extra discomfort from your homebrew from the way you're making it...what is the typical breakdown in your formulas? %BA, %BB, Oil etc.

Trust me they have been full blown infections. I have had 3, 1 in the calf, 1 in the quad, and 1 in the tri. The first one was in the calf and i didnt know what the F it was. My calf swelled up like 3 times the size of my other calf. It turned red and was hot to touch. I went to my gym(the dump - home of Jay Cutler) and a doctor who works out there looked at it and said get to the hospital now, that could get in your blood stream. I went 4 days w/o any antibiotics, my leg had so much fluid and or puss in it it felt like it was going to explode. When I touched my shin it felt like mashed potatoes under my skin.
The second one was in the quad. All the same things happened and i went 3 days w/o anitbiotics. Gravity pulled in all the way down my leg and i had the mashed potatoe feeling again.
The third time just happened last Thursday. I no exactly what the first symptoms are now, extreme pain (more than just a painful shot) hot to touch, and redness. I went staright to urgent care to cut it off ASAP.
No doubt about it they were infections. I just played dumb at the doctors and they called in cellulitus (skin infection).

DougoeFre5h said:
If you are getting infections so easily, you should see a doc and tell him you get infections easily. Hell check your white blood cell count. If its high, you will probably be put on a dose of antibiotics because you may have an ongoing infection somewhere you dont even know about which is comprimising your overall health and immune system. Just a thought.

I do get sick easily. Would I have to come off of the gear completely to get an accurate test done? Is it possible to have bacteria in a vial and not draw it out on every shot?

PSUKICKSASS said:
I do get sick easily. Would I have to come off of the gear completely to get an accurate test done?
If you want an accurate assessment of your situation while using gear, then get tested while using gear.

PSUKICKSASS said:
Is it possible to have bacteria in a vial and not draw it out on every shot?
er.....no.

Something is wrong. Either your brewing or your health.

If you want, make a post with exactly what you got and what you did get brew up your gear.

pullinbig said:
damn cuz!!!!!!!!!!! madine looking very hot.

damn that was one fun... but longggggggggggggggggggggggg day/night/day/night.

She is looking better by the day. Ummm.

Back