Ufc 60?

jonnyfast

Has anybody seen the fight between Hughes and Gracie and if so please post the results. It would be appreciated. I am at work tonight and did not get to watch it. Thanks

It wasn't even close. Hughes almost got the armbar but then he just thrashed him into the ground once he got the back.

It was a gross defeat and a sad day. Gracie is still a great man and i'd love to see him fight some other guys before he retires.

Wow, I am a big Gracie supporter, I have taken Gracie Jiu-jitsu for seven years. I also think that it is a far superior style discipline and with time you will force a submit regardless of the well rounded fighter today. BUT in the UFC today there are time restraints and that is something the Gracies fail to realize. YOU DONT HAVE ALL F***ING DAY ANYMORE and you need yo get the job done. He should of just retired undefeated and let everybody wonder.

He was the one making the mistake i thought his damn arm was broke when Matt was sitting there bending the shit out of it. I'd like to see him fight a few fighters that are well rounded if he beats them like maybe beat one guy who has a great standup and good take down defense and someone who is like a matt hughes maybe Frank Trigg or something then if he shows he can hang with them then try for Hughes again he had 22 seconds left in the fight he should of kept working instead of covering up.

he's an old man now....been out forever. Trying to beat Matt Hughes?...hell no. If he were to try he should have started lower and work his way up...but he's old. Bottom line is, Dana White(president of ufc) knew that this would be a good story and bring in shit load of money and publicity.

jonnyfast said:
Wow, I am a big Gracie supporter,.... He should of just retired undefeated and let everybody wonder.

Gracie wasnt undefeated, he got beat plenty of times, most notably by that japanese shoot wrestler in pride....but i dont see how hughes can claim a moral victory over this guy, i mean he is old as the day is long for an athlete....why not just call ali out of retirement and add him to a notch on his belt. :devil2:

70w30 said:
Fuckin awesome.....Where are those Gracie supporters
Still here.... Just got done spending about 4 hrs training with Royces nephew Ryron Gracie who will be making his MMA debut soon...

Fighters lose fights, it happens. It was one of the worst fights I've ever seen in the UFC, novice or otherwise. But hey shit happens. I will continue to train Gracie Jiu Jitsu and support all my favorite fighters the same.

Dante44 said:
Gracie wasnt undefeated, he got beat plenty of times, most notably by that japanese shoot wrestler in pride....but i dont see how hughes can claim a moral victory over this guy, i mean he is old as the day is long for an athlete....why not just call ali out of retirement and add him to a notch on his belt. :devil2:
Sorry, I should have been clear. Undefeated in the UFC.

Back