Urgent Help Needed With Order From Uk To Lemelange!!!

dexcell

hi bros just placed an order with them from the uk and all was good, I basically ordered about 30 vials 1 quart of ba 16oz of bb and 16oz of grapeseed oil basically its gonna be heavy.

Before I placed the order it said :

Shipping Charges Automatically Calculated
Shipping: $17.19
Handling Charge: $2.00
Total: $147.19

which was fine but as soon as I confirmed the order it then said :

Thank you for shopping at Le Melange! We appreciate your business. Your order will be processed within two (2) to three (3) business days and will ship to you via UPS Ground. OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED VIA AIR MAIL AND YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED ANY ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES. BY PLACING YOUR ORDER, YOU HAVE AGREED TO THESE ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES, IF ANY. Le Melange Home Fragrances reserves the right to charge any additional shipping charges incurred to your credit card. Thank you again for your order!

So basically theyre sayin shipping will be x ammount then they say we can charge your card whatever we want for shipping.

Whats up with that ???

I dont want to have to pay $100 for shipping, I have no idea how much it will cost but I know it will be a heavy box and dont think its right that they dont tell you before you confirm your order.

Has anyone ordered from Lemelange and if so what were your experiences with the shipping costs?

Im aware that Lemelange is a sponsor of this board and is theres anyone on here that knows anything about this I would be pleased if you could let me know whats going on. I have emailed them last night asking about shippings charges but no reply and have just emailed them again just there. Should I phone my credit card provider and cancel the transaction ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Dex

maybe but I want to order all my stuff from the same place to avoid having to pay more shipping fees.

Their ba and bb looks v cheap compared to what Ive seen on other sites and on a whole Im happy with this company so far.

They said they will let me know the total price before they dispatch.

Does anyone know a place in the UK for supplies cos Ive got a feeling that the shipping costs are gonna be a bit hefty.

Just to update on that order, they said delivery was attempted and that order was sent back to them but still charged me.

So I would say this for anyone ordering from the UK or the US for that matter

DO NOT USE LEMELANGE...very bad customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps does anyone know of a UK supplier or a tried and trusted US site that wont fcuk me around like this?

Dexcell

Thanks bro, had a look at the site..looks good.

Will maybe try them, how long did your order take to arrive?

Dexcell

What could one say if customs were to ask the purposes of ordering such substances? Surely there must be a UK company that sell these things...

Dexcell

must surelly they won't ask you! they usually just want the tax and that's it.

label them as essential oils and stuff like that and you are fine! afterall this is for homemade shampoo and cosmetics :D

ive ordered from lemelange several times with delivery to the UK, never had a problem, I said in a previous post that buying supplies is easy and very very cheap its the shipping that makes it expensive.
Shipping is calculated on the weight of the package so your gonna pay the same shipping if you order say 100g-999g or 1000g-1999g and so on, it works out best if you calculate your order based on the cost of shipping: for instance if 10 20ml vials weigh 300g and the shipping is gonna cost 20$ its best to buy 33 20ml vials weighing 990g and your still only gonna pay 20$ delivery, 20$ over 10 vials is 2$ per vial over 33 vials is about 60c, ordering this way has saved me a small fortune. also shop around to see who is doing the best deals at the time, saving 50c on a vial when your buying 20+ vials almost pays for your shipping on its own. all the sites reccomended in the stickys are good and all have good deals at time, just shop clever!

Glad your order went smoothly bro.

Wasnt the case for me, just think its absurd that they think they should still charge me for the goods. Infact think I'll start another thread warning people not to use them as the more I think about it, the more ludacris it seems that I got charged for goods that I did not recieve through no fault of my own.

Dexcell

dexcell said:
Could someone tell me why my thread stating my experiences with this company was deleted please?

1ntense

I was not aware your thread was deleted, it wasn't me.

I think you had some valid points and I thought you needed to do some things to not only protect yourself and your money, but to also find out what went wrong.

Those threads are good to have, that way people can see what happens when there are problems and what they should be doing when something bad happens.

If somebody moved/deleted it, I'd like to know as well. If a thread is being defamatory for no reason, it will be moved/deleted, but you kept it on a decent level, stated your problems, and I was under the impression you were going to look into what happened and get back to us with your info.

TxLonghorn said:
I was not aware your thread was deleted, it wasn't me.

I think you had some valid points and I thought you needed to do some things to not only protect yourself and your money, but to also find out what went wrong.

Those threads are good to have, that way people can see what happens when there are problems and what they should be doing when something bad happens.

If somebody moved/deleted it, I'd like to know as well. If a thread is being defamatory for no reason, it will be moved/deleted, but you kept it on a decent level, stated your problems, and I was under the impression you were going to look into what happened and get back to us with your info.

its i the recycle bin. dont know who moved it there.

TxLonghorn said:
I'm saying I would want the contact info of the shipping service so I could talk to them. If I got the runaround at that point, I would then contact my credit card company and tell them what the problem is. But I would first try to find out what happened on the shipping end of things.

Were they supposed to leave your package at the door and for some reason refused to without a signature? Were they supposed to get a signature and they left a delivery slip and nobody contacted them after several days so they shipped it back to the company? Did they deliver to somebody else who did sign for the package?

First find out WHY they didn't deliver. Le melange is just a store who used a shipping company, they are going to charge you immediately, before they ship anything. They did charge you and they did ship. They did their part. It sounds like the shipper is the one who dropped the ball.

Find out what happened and come back here and let us know what happened. I'm sure le melange would like to get this resolved as well.

Firstly I would like to say thanks to TxLonghorn for reinstating my my thread, I am currently in correspondence with Lemelange at the moment and so far I have found that the attitude the rep has taken with me unpleasant to say the least and will post up details when things have been resolved.

I agree that the order was shipped, I have no proof of this but believe this was the case. I believe someone from this site has contacted lemelange and told them about the thread I posted about their bad customer service as the rep quoted parts of what I said in it...probably the same person who deleted my thread.

The shipping company did not let me know in any way, shape or form that they had attempted delivery before shipping the order back to lemelange. When I contacted lemelange to tell them I hadnt recieved my order they said that they were in posession of it as it had been shipped back to them. The attitude I have recieved from the rep is the what has gotten to me the most tbh along with the $150 I had to pay.

The hassle I have went through to try and get my money back has been a nightmare to put it mildly and I sincerly hope that no one else has to go through what I did.

I will update when this is concluded one way or another.

Why has the other thread been locked btw?

Dexcell

Back