vacuume pump

bmass

Juiced
what do i need vacuume pump,reciver flask and what more?this pump on the pic and the filter is that it?

I think there is a bottle top filtration sticky, but what you need is:

- Vaccum like the one shown (I got that exact same one from Pep Boys for ~$45 I think)
- Bottle-top filter (I use Naglene brand)
- Receiver flask with opening size that is the same as the bottle top filter (I purchased 45mm, but 33m is very common). Get a glass receiver flask! The plastic ones aren't rated for hardly any pressure, can easily crack, and just plain won't last as long.

ok thanks, and the glass fiber prefilter what are they used for?is it if i want to reuse a stericup filter so i just change to a new filter?

Last edited:
Whats the difference between PVDF filters and PES?
can you use these filters again just by changing the membrane or not?

Last edited:
I've always seem people use disposible bottle-top filters. I don't know much about the reusable bottle top filters with changable filter membranes, but from the little I have seen the changable filters were glass and had too big of a pore size for our uses.

PVDF and PES are two different materials that are often used to make the member filters. There are others as well, but I see PVDF and PES types used in our field most often.

If you go to Daigger.com, change the search type to Daigger Part #, and type in product number EF4867D, then you will be able to find the bottle top filter type that I use. I get 45mm glass media bottles (performs the receiver flask function) from researchsupply.net.

Back