2 Florida cops (who frequently used the forums) arrested on selling drugs

Don't know, I was told that Rodney was well known in the bodybuilding community down there. Actually herd he was a really good person too.
I think it is crazy that they let someone charged with distributing and selling narcotics while being an active police officer, gets let out with no bail? He also was let out within a day? Sounds like the man has connections.... anyone get a report on this?? Like how they nabbed them.... very ununsual to see them going after their own. I guess we should applaud them? Well, maybe not.... war on drugs..rolling eyes...lol

Yea, the news said they fired them immediately. No questions or awaiting to find out the results. They are fucked. I guess they will now learn what it feels like to be on the other side. Oh well.

Wait how did he get arrested for manufacuring controlled substances and the charge type is PC for probable cause, no warrent was executed? It seems to me that they would need evidence you were cooking the stuff, evidence that they would find where he was making it, not on his person.....This seems really sketchy....

They busted another cop that knew him and worked out with him. That cop (Riggens)was helping dealers that were selling prescription drugs set up other dealers then resealing the drugs and keeping the cash. They started an investigation and in the process busted the other cop (Philon), the one busted on steroid charges, when he sold ten dbol tabs to an undercover cop from his own stash and because he was suppling steroids to another guy they both knew and was in with Riggins on the script drug scheme.

hmlacrosse said:
lol a good person
Yeah, I guess i am laughing too. I saw the newspaperclip from the St. Petersburg Times newspaper about the bust... let me see here....Authorities: Case against deputy tied to stolen Tampa drugs

TAMPA -- While Donald Riggans was on duty in a Pasco County patrol car and deputy's uniform last week, he caught a drug-runner carrying $25,000 in cash.

Then he drove to a school parking lot in New Port Richey, according to court records, and divided the proceeds with two others, taking $9,000 for himself.

Riggans was fired Sunday by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office after his arrest on charges of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute hydrocodone, an addictive painkiller.

Another Pasco deputy, Cpl. Rodney Philon, also was fired after an hourslong standoff with the Pasco SWAT team outside his Wesley Chapel home Sunday morning. He is accused of distributing anabolic steroids.

Both made first appearances in federal court this morning. Instead of their deputy's garb, they wore orange Hillsborough County jail jumpsuits.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Anthony Porcelli said the evidence against Riggans is damning, and exists mainly in the form of video and audiotapes. According to a probable cause affidavit, Riggans became involved with two men at the top of a distribution ring of pharmaceutical narcotics. One of the men, Robert "Bob" Caddick, stole the pills from a former Tampa pharmacy called Medipharm Rx where he worked and falsified records to cover up the thefts, records show.

Using a confidential informant, authorities set up a drug buy with a supposed dealer in Miami. Together, Caddick, Riggans and Kevin Massimino concocted a scheme to have a courier come to the Tampa Bay area with cash for the pills. Massimino and the informant would obtain the cash, then Riggans would stop him in his patrol car to scare the courier off.

That scene went down Tuesday, the affidavit says. Massimino and the informant made the buy in the parking lot of Winn-Dixie on SR 52, near the Moon Lake subdivision. They then met Riggans at a nearby school and divided up the money -- only $25,000, not the expected $50,000, the affidavit says.

Philon faces less serious charges, accused in an affidavit of selling an informant 10 pink tablets of the steroid Dianabol from his own stash during a meeting in the parking lot of a SR 54 Publix.

Philon is mentioned in Riggans' affidavit as an "unnamed detention deputy." He discussed the sting on the Miami drug courier with Massimino and an informant while the men worked out at a Bally's Gym in Tampa on Feb. 13. Philon, when told of the plan, said "it sounded good."

But since Philon, as a jail deputy, didn't have a patrol car, they'd need the services of Riggans.

Two federal judges granted Riggans and Philon bail in the amount of $50,000 each and set special conditions for their release, including surrendering their firearms. Philon is expected to be released from Hillsborough's Orient Road jail later today.

Nice guys? Obviously the people down there I talk to do not know what they are talking about. They probably got their asses kissed all the time becasue the y were cops too. After reading this shit I hope they get 10-20 years... fucking scum. Worse there is.... not only dealing and manufacturing, but pulling people over and stealing it back to resell again? They are lucky no one shot them. Idiots. Its a shame they went on for ten years and only last month this happened by pure chance and stupidity. Wonder how many non-stupid corrupt ones there are. Its like a scene from Training Day.

Back