2006 NBA Draft Thread

lifterjaydawg

The draft is coming up. Who do you think is no 1? What team are you rooting for, and who do you want them to pick? There seems to be no clear no 1 this year.

My team is the San Antonio Spurs, but we don't have any 1st round picks. So I am praying JJ Redick slips out of the first round. But it will never happen.

Post any thoughts about the draft here.

lifterjaydawg said:
The draft is coming up. Who do you think is no 1? What team are you rooting for, and who do you want them to pick? There seems to be no clear no 1 this year.

My team is the San Antonio Spurs, but we don't have any 1st round picks. So I am praying JJ Redick slips out of the first round. But it will never happen.

Post any thoughts about the draft here.

Reddick is a faggot, I'm glad he got that DUI.

Agreed, Reddick sucks. Duke players don't fair to well in the NBA. I believe Toronto has the #1 pick, they could trade it for an established player, or draft a center, which is what I heard. Morrison is said to drop to Charlotte. Both he and Reddick are on the Olympic team, but they suck on defense.

If redick can get in the right system, such as a good post player, that draws double teams, hell be wide open for shots, and holy shit, he can shoot. I think a perfect situation would be Houston, IMO

I would think the best situation would be to trade out of this years draft into next years- Next Year is going to be loaded with talent (Oden, Durant, Thaddeous Young, Brandon and Julian Wright)

I look for the bulls to make a splash with either getting Ben Wallace through free agency or Kevin Garnett through a trade.

I could see Minnesota taking the bulls next year 1st round pick (acquired from knicks) + either a Chandler or Ben Gordon.

That would allow the bulls to take someone like quincy doby @ 16 and a post player to compliment Garnett with the 2nd pick (Aldridge, Thomas)

I also heard there could be a Jermaine O'Neal/Garnett trade on the table as well. This years draft does look pretty weak. The Bulls would be idiots to get rid of Ben Gordon. Oddly, I can't see Big Ben playing anywhere else but Detroit. There is a lot of over seas talent in the draft I'm still doing research on.

dark_venom said:
I also heard there could be a Jermaine O'Neal/Garnett trade on the table as well. This years draft does look pretty weak. The Bulls would be idiots to get rid of Ben Gordon. Oddly, I can't see Big Ben playing anywhere else but Detroit. There is a lot of over seas talent in the draft I'm still doing research on.

Big ben isnt big

ESPN had a little thing about a Pacers/Raptors deal in which the Raptors would get Jermaine O'Neal and pick and the Pacers would get Chris Bosh and the #1 pick.

Haven't heard anything since, so that probably isn't panning out...

Tsaunders said:
Big ben isnt big

O-Rly.gif

nba_g_bigben_412.jpg

No_not_rly_owl.jpg

YanksWS96 said:
ESPN had a little thing about a Pacers/Raptors deal in which the Raptors would get Jermaine O'Neal and pick and the Pacers would get Chris Bosh and the #1 pick.

Haven't heard anything since, so that probably isn't panning out...

The raptors would be straight up FOOLS to make that trade.

I'm sick of all the foreign players in the draft . . . it's getting to be almost as bad as the hockey draft where someone gets drafted in top five and most of America says "who?"

There isnt a number one talent in this years draft. Thomas, Aldridge, and Morrison are all not of that caliber. If they could trade for talent I would do it.

I would trade for established talent. This years draft is big on potential but weak on early impact players. Now as for the knicks, they are hopeless. I cannot believe they're letting Thomas run the show. This team would be great in a 6"6" and under league, but not in the NBA. Thomas and Matt Millen ( GM for the Detroit Lions) need to start up there own consulting firm. They could even call it Dumb and Dumber Consulting.

Back