50% Carb, 30% Protein, 20% Fat, Daily?

Bdub

I posted this as a response to Determining calorie needs also but I thought it might be best as a new thread. sorry for any dismay.

I'm
6'3
31 years old
207 lbs and have a 5 day a week work out with a desk job and using the Harris Benedict equation and -

Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)

and got 3269 cals to maintain? man that seems like a lot to eat, however to grow you would add 250 - 500 cals so to gain weight if I understand correctly?

Well, I read about a study that said some of the best gains are when you break down the calorie intake using 50% carb, 30% protein and 20% fat was a way to divide up the daily calorie intake. Just keeping with the TDEE, it would look something like this.

50% x 3269 = 1634.5 cals / 4 (being how many cals in one gram of carbohydrate right?) = about 409 grams of carbs a day? (yikes)

30% x 3269 = 981 / 4 (being how many cals in one gram protein right?) = 245 grams of protein? (which by the way seems really high to me)

20 % x 3269 = 654 / 9 (being how many cals in one gram of fat right?) = 73 grams of fat a day

Now I dont know if those are good ratios to guide by but I guess everyone has has to have some sort of ratio even if they didnt know it?

I wonder one if those are good ratios? and I wonder if not what might be some good ones to guide by?

Thanks in Advance

D~

looks good to me. 245 is a pretty moderate protein intake. you could probably get away with a lower carb intake on days with lower activity levels.

Back