5000 cals

3069bryan

The Game
I just started a 6 meal plan, that consists of 5000 cals, but man I can't stay off the toilet, and I have terrible gas. How long will it take for my body to adjust to all this food intake.

Going from normal eating to all that eating has to be gradual, your body will reject most of those calories because it is too drastic too quick--up your calories slowly chart your gains, if you are not gaining enough then up your calories some more, if you are gaining too quickly and mostly fat then you need to bring your caloric intake down. This takes time to learn your body and what is necessary for growth.

Try to up your calories about 250 then if that doesn't seem to be enough gradually up your caloric intake until you are having reasonable gains. It will take some experimentation because with some people an additional 250 calories is significant and with others an additional 250 is not nearly enough. Once you figure it out you should be able to up the calories just enough so that your system handles it well and your gains are consistent. Probably not the perfect answer you were looking for, but there are so many factors to consider--training intensity, your present metabolism, your bodyfat percentage, the quality of the calories you are getting etc.

I'm still a rookie to all of this, so I'm just trying to get my feet on the ground. I've been working out going on 9 mths, and I've cut up, but not much weight gain. So I appreciate your advice. To answer your questions at the end of your message, I train my a-- off, and I sleep like a monster, and I eat as healthy as it gets. I'm not sure about what my bodyfat % is, and I have high metabolism. I'll boost my cals up to 3000, and if that doesn't do it for me I'll go up 250 at a time. Thanks for your time.

OK, I was eating to 2500 cal a day, and then I heard that I needed to eat at least 5000 cals daily, but it's been hard on my body, so I received a suggestion that thats to big of a change over night. So I'm gonna scrap the 5000 cals diet, and go back to my original intake of 2500, and as suggested, step it up 250 cals at a time until I reach a comfortable point. I'm open to more suggestions if needed. Thanks.

Try adding 500 cals every week or two. That way you will be able to make more progress while you transist from 2,500 to 5,000.

Well I'm 26 yrs old, and I'm 6'0 tall, and I weigh 170lbs. Well my old lady can deal with it at home, but I'm a superviser at work, and the other day I was in a big management meeting, and I couldn't stay focused, because I was fighting a huge fart.

Double3, dang man I can't beleive your even in the mude to get on a messge board, the way Florida spanked your Buckeyes the other night. I hated it to, I'm a Tennessee fan. Thanks for the website.

3069bryan said:
Double3, dang man I can't beleive your even in the mude to get on a messge board, the way Florida spanked your Buckeyes the other night. I hated it to, I'm a Tennessee fan. Thanks for the website.
I don't wanna talk about it...haha

Your welcome

you could easily gain on 3500 calories, this is a very very high end estimate. 3000 would be more close to ideal.

Back