8 weeks in, minimal results. What to do?

RoidLloyd

Hey guys,

Just wanna start off by saying that you guys are awesome. This forum helped me out big time with my first cycle and kept me safe and healthy with all their advice!

Really hoping you guys can help me out again. So this is my second cycle ever. A little info on my previous cycle. I ran

Previous cycle:
Test Cyp 250 once a week
Winny (50?) once a week
For a 10 week cycle

Although it was a very low dosage of Test, I saw significant gains (almost 12 pounds)

I ran my PCTs as well
Nolvadex and Clomid for 4 weeks

My physical stats currently are:
Weight: 140
Height: 5'7

I waited about 9 months and began my second cycle, the one I'm currently on. I decided to drop the Winny. I'm 8 weeks in with Test Cyp 250 weekly, and I'm very dissatisfied with the results thus far. I've put on only about 4.5 pounds, whereas with my last cycle I saw huge differences by this point.

I was thinking of upping my dosage to about 400mg weekly and doing another 4 weeks, making it a total of a 12 week cycle.

Is this safe/smart to do or do you guys recommend another route?

Also, if I were to up the dosage and cycle term, what dosages of Nolvadex and Clomid should I be using?

I was hoping to get you guys' expert opinion on the matter.

Thank you so much!!

what ai in your current cycle? any hcg? have you done any blood works in any cycle? sustanon esthers take 8 weeks to get working and your on week 8 now, slow your roll brotherman.

Test cyp at 250mg a week is barely over the TRT dosage. Once starting TRT I've went up 18lbs but increased calories and started working out. I've been in the 164-166lbs for a little while.

Your dose is 1/2 the 500mg week first cycle.

AI?
Hcg?
Labs?
Calories per day/macros?

Hey guys,

Just wanna start off by saying that you guys are awesome. This forum helped me out big time with my first cycle and kept me safe and healthy with all their advice!

Really hoping you guys can help me out again. So this is my second cycle ever. A little info on my previous cycle. I ran

Previous cycle:
Test Cyp 250 once a week
Winny (50?) once a week
For a 10 week cycle

Although it was a very low dosage of Test, I saw significant gains (almost 12 pounds)

I ran my PCTs as well
Nolvadex and Clomid for 4 weeks

My physical stats currently are:
Weight: 140
Height: 5'7

I waited about 9 months and began my second cycle, the one I'm currently on. I decided to drop the Winny. I'm 8 weeks in with Test Cyp 250 weekly, and I'm very dissatisfied with the results thus far. I've put on only about 4.5 pounds, whereas with my last cycle I saw huge differences by this point.

I was thinking of upping my dosage to about 400mg weekly and doing another 4 weeks, making it a total of a 12 week cycle.

Is this safe/smart to do or do you guys recommend another route?

Also, if I were to up the dosage and cycle term, what dosages of Nolvadex and Clomid should I be using?

I was hoping to get you guys' expert opinion on the matter.
Thank you so much!!

Ok OP, ... welcome :wavey:

Listen before we get anywhere I want to say that anything I say is not to bash you or disrespect you. With that .........

I don't think you have a good enough understanding of how muscle is build and the time it takes to build/ grow Lean Muscle Mass (LMM). By what you have said about your 1st cycle I see that you do not understand the Steroid Profiles, Like Winstrol. Just why t use it and how to use it. 50mgs week with Winstrol should have been 50mgs EOD or even 5omgs ED. Also what was the purpose of using the Winstrol.

That was that and that ship sailed so moving on. OP, it takes not weeks but months to grow / build Solid LMM. A fact is , a man can only gain 15-20 lbs of LMM in 12-14 months, or 1 year. There are many variables but after we loose all the water gained we are left with a few pounds per cycle.

In Bold ^^^ . You were not using an AI and that 12 pounds you speak of while on your first Test 250 cycle was water. I don't care if you kept it ( you didn't tell us wt prior and after) or lost it. The Body cannot build 5-8-10 pounds of LMM in 10 weeks. However that again is Par for the course , but I just want you to know the reality of the mass or not so much LMM

The others have hit on some Q's and so please get back with us and share more so we can help a bit more. Your 250 mgs wk is much too low. At that small dose you are filling up with glycogen , water and waste and less LMM then you think.

Please get a better understanding of what the body does to grow and build LMM. Re-read the steroid Profiles. Test at 500mgs wk which is not a high dose at all is all. All you need is that with the proper AI dose and maybe some HCG run at 12-14 weeks. The proper PCT and G2G.

Good Luck and get back with us.

OMM

Last edited:
Ok OP, ... welcome :wavey:

Listen before we get anywhere I want to say that anything I say is not to bash you or disrespect you. With that .........

I don't think you have a good enough understanding of how muscle is build and the time it takes to build/ grow Lean Muscle Mass (LMM). By what you have said about your 1st cycle I see that you do not understand the Steroid Profiles, Like Winstrol. Just why t use it and how to use it. 50mgs week with Winstrol should have been 50mgs EOD or even 5omgs ED. Also what was the purpose of using the Winstrol.

That was that and that ship sailed so moving on. OP, it takes not weeks but months to grow / build Solid LMM. A fact is , a man can only gain 15-20 lbs of LMM in 12-14 months, or 1 year. There are many variables but after we loose all the water gained we are left with a few pounds per cycle.

In Bold ^^^ . You were not using an AI and that 12 pounds you speak of while on your first Test 250 cycle was water. I don't care if you kept it ( you didn't tell us wt prior and after) or lost it. The Body cannot build 5-8-10 pounds of LMM in 10 weeks. However that again is Par for the course , but I just want you to know the reality of the mass or not so much LMM

The others have hit on some Q's and so please get back with us and share more so we can help a bit more. Your 250 mgs wk is much too low. At that small dose you are filling up with glycogen , water and waste and less LMM then you think.

Please get a better understanding of what the body does to grow and build LMM. Re-read the steroid Profiles. Test at 500mgs wk which is not a high dose at all is all. All you need is that with the proper AI dose and maybe some HCG run at 12-14 weeks. The proper PCT and G2G.

Good Luck and get back with us.

OMM

Thank you so much for the reply! And of course, no offense taken, I appreciate the help!

So a little history of my stats and last cycle;

I had began my cycle at about 135 pounds. By the end of my 10 week cycle, I was up to about 147 pounds. I was running the same dosage of T (250 mg/ weekly).

My diet and lifting program were the same as this current cycle (roughly 2000 calories and lifting 3 times a week, training kickboxing/wrestling daily)

The only difference with the current cycle and last is that I dropped the Winny for the reason you mentioned, because it was ineffective and insufficient taking it weekly as opposed to daily.

After a 10 week cycle, I waited 3 weeks and started my PCTs (Clomid and Nolvadex for 4 weeks. 50 mg daily for 2 weeks then 25 mg for 2 weeks)

After that, i suffered an injury that put me back and I decided to then start the cycle that I'm currently on (the previous cycle was about 10 months ago)

I started this cycle at 135 pounds, It has been 8 weeks in, and I'm only about 140 pounds.

I am getting mixed advice as to whether or not it is a wise decision to add an extra 250mg weekly to my current cycle and to extend to 12 weeks (or more?)

Thank you all again!

Thank you so much for the reply! And of course, no offense taken, I appreciate the help!

So a little history of my stats and last cycle;

I had began my cycle at about 135 pounds. By the end of my 10 week cycle, I was up to about 147 pounds. I was running the same dosage of T (250 mg/ weekly).

My diet and lifting program were the same as this current cycle (roughly 2000 calories and lifting 3 times a week, training kickboxing/wrestling daily)

The only difference with the current cycle and last is that I dropped the Winny for the reason you mentioned, because it was ineffective and insufficient taking it weekly as opposed to daily.

After a 10 week cycle, I waited 3 weeks and started my PCTs (Clomid and Nolvadex for 4 weeks. 50 mg daily for 2 weeks then 25 mg for 2 weeks)

After that, i suffered an injury that put me back and I decided to then start the cycle that I'm currently on (the previous cycle was about 10 months ago)

I started this cycle at 135 pounds, It has been 8 weeks in, and I'm only about 140 pounds.

I am getting mixed advice as to whether or not it is a wise decision to add an extra 250mg weekly to my current cycle and to extend to 12 weeks (or more?)

Thank you all again!
Welcome to the site! you should see more gains for sure if you up your test dosage to 500mg per week as of now your doing a trt dosage. get an ai and hcg and read the beginers cycle thread sticky.

If your weight gain is lean gains......then a half pound of muscle per week is incredibly good. Good gains you can keep when youre done. Will a higher dose help? Probably would......but if someone tells you they gain 20 pounds of muscle every cycle then they are probably mistaken. If this were the case then we would all weigh 250 ripped. Keep you're expectations realistic and try to gain and keep just a little every cycle. It seems you have a small frame so you won't gain as much as a guy 6' 5". 7 to 10 pounds of LEAN muscle will look great. If you get that and keep it every cycle then you are very succesful......in my experience.
No matter what ya do, please keep us updated. I'm interested in how it goes for you. Good luck bro

Depends on goals. Increasing the dose isn't going to hurt and 12 weeks isn't a long time. 12-16 weeks is relatively normal. 16 being the long side.

If your gains are hard and not fat there isn't anything wrong with doing it 12 weeks. It's still a low dose but if you are getting the desired effects it's an effective dose!

Keep posting fo sho!

^^^^^^this. I also like 12 to 16 weeks. Changes slow down at the end but are more permanent. At least it seems that way to me

Thanks for the reply brotha,

I'm really considering upping the dosage and cycle length.

The only thing that really concerns me is why I'm not making the same gains as my periods cycle. My diet and lifting routine are the same, the only difference is dropping the Winny 50 once a week, because I've read many places that it should be take daily for effectiveness.

I'm running the same dosage of Test 250 cyp weekly. I'm just afraid of becoming tolerant to that dosage and always having to increase the dosage every cycle.

Thanks again!

Depends on goals. Increasing the dose isn't going to hurt and 12 weeks isn't a long time. 12-16 weeks is relatively normal. 16 being the long side.

If your gains are hard and not fat there isn't anything wrong with doing it 12 weeks. It's still a low dose but if you are getting the desired effects it's an effective dose!

Keep posting fo sho!

Thank you for the reply!!

The part that confuses me is just that almost everything (Diet, lifting, etc) are the same as my previous cycle. 250mg weekly Test Cyp, but the results are far less apparent.

I'm just afraid of my body getting too tolerant of that dosage and having to keep upping the dosage every cycle, but from the research I've done, that doesn't necessarily seem to be true.

I would guess that most of the weight you gained on your previous cycle was water due to not using an ai. You should read up on the beginner cycle stickys. They lay out the proper way to do a cycle.

Hey bro, I am in a somewhat similar situation and thought I would share my experience with you. My first cycle was Dbol alone 40 mg per day for 4 weeks. I put on 25 lbs and lost most of it after stopping. I also did not Pct properly back then. Now I'm in the 8th week of my 2nd cycle and it goes as follows:

Dbol Week 1 to 5 @ 25 mg per day
Test C Week 1 to 10 @ 250 mg per week

Arimidex .5mg EoD
Nolvadex for PCT

My details at the start of the current cycle were:

Age 32
Ht 5'10
Wt 152 lbs ( my normal weight is 162 lbs, I dropped quite a bit the last few months, which is why I decided to do a cycle)
Lifting 4 days a week and going hard
Diet is good and eating healthy with lots of protein from food sources, no powder at all
On and off I have 3 years lifting experience if you add up the past
BF 15 or 16%

So in the first 4 weeks I was injecting 250 mg of Test C once a week, as well as taking Dianabol everyday. The following week I started injecting 250 mg every 6 days. Tomorrow will be the start of my 8th week. I was not gaining as much as I liked, or at least I was getting shape but hardly going up in weight, so I decided to up the dose to 1.5 cc, which is 375 mg every 5 days. It has been 3 shots now at 1.5 cc. and I'll tell you bro the gains came after upping the dose. It seemed like after every 1.5 cc shot, I was bigger than the day before. From what I understand the Test C doesn't peak in your system until the 6th or 7th week. Up until the 6th week I put on barely 5 lbs. Now at the beginning of the 8th week I'm up 12 lbs or so, lean gains, hard and defined. Up the dose bro and run it every 4 days. I am also thinking to extend the cycle to 14 weeks and run 375 cc every 3 or 4 days. At first I was taking the Arimidex, .5 mg EoD, but after 4 weeks I didn't gain much, found that mix was suppressing my appetite and I was getting lean not bulking, so I cut out the Arimidex. Sure enough after a few days I was back to eating proper. I will start taking the Arimidex if I inject every 3 days tho. I think I will end up with 12 or 13 keepable gains after the 14 weeks. :) . Good luck bro and let me know how it goes.

So the revised cycle should look something like this:

Dbol Week 1 to 5 @ 25 mg per day
Test C Week 1 to 6 @ 250 mg per week
Week 7 to 14 @ 375 mg every 4 days

Arimidex .5mg EoD for the first 4 weeks and then from week 7 to 14

Week 15 to 16 Nothing
Week 17,18,19 Nolvadex for PCT

Thanks for the reply brotha,

I'm really considering upping the dosage and cycle length.

The only thing that really concerns me is why I'm not making the same gains as my periods cycle. My diet and lifting routine are the same, the only difference is dropping the Winny 50 once a week, because I've read many places that it should be take daily for effectiveness.

I'm running the same dosage of Test 250 cyp weekly. I'm just afraid of becoming tolerant to that dosage and always having to increase the dosage every cycle.

Thanks again!

Back