8month B&C - no PCT - personal experience

OnlyTheGreat

on my way
Hey guys,

First of all let me say I do not want anybody to do a cycle without PCT. I may have been lucky to recover the way I did, but that does not mean anybody should follow my example.

Okay so let's start with some info. Stats are:
-currently 89kg @ about 20% bf (roughly - I can vaguely see my abs)
-177cm
-training for 9 years on and off of which 3 years are strict and consistent

I have done a few cycles in the past and always recovered well with blood work. Compounds I have used include:
-test enan
-test prop
-dbol
-anavar
-tren ace
-tren enan
-deca
-npp

Always ran an AI and had caber on hand for 19-nors. PCT for cycles included both nolva and clomid. (ran nolva throughout cycles due to pubertal gyno) Never used HCG.

Okay, so after doing a few cycles and seeing how my body reacted and noticing some pretty solid gains in muscularity and strength, I was hooked. I started competing in powerlifting while cycling different compounds. Soon from all the heavy squatting (never really knew how to train like a powerlifter), my knees started aching and I made the transition to bodybuilding. I trained for about a year while cycling and made some decent progress, so I decided that I would compete when I heard about the new Classic Physique shows (being a huge fan of the golden era). I never really wanted kids, so I decided to start blasting and cruising. I did so for 8months, cruising on 250mg test per week. I blasted twice in that time by adding 400mg tren enan for 14weeks, and 600mg deca for 20 weeks. I had to cut each blast short however due to high blood pressure. I cruised for another 4 weeks to let the deca clear from my last blast and then stopped all gear.

The reason I stopped the gear is because of the high blood pressure while blasting, but mostly for my partner. During the last 6 months things got pretty serious and she mentioned that she wants kids. So of course I started worrying about my fertility and stopped altogether. I can always compete after we've set up and had kids. Due to the blood pressure however, I cannot blast and cruise so will probably only do mild cycles if I get back into it.

Now that the back story is out of the way, let's get to the interesting bit. So the time came for PCT. I could not get hold of clomid in the short time I had (never thought I was going to need to do PCT) but I did however have some nolva. So I ran the nolva for 6 weeks, waited another 4 and went for a blood test. Blood results came back very poor.
-testosterone total 1.8 nmol/L
-LH 0.8
-FSH 1.2

Due to these poor results, I decided to go see an endocrinologist. I was completely open and told him about everything I had taken and what my concerns were, etc. This was about 8 weeks after my blood test. I was already feeling slightly better at this time - I had no more erectile dysfunction and my memory had improved. I still felt sluggish and found it somewhat hard to concentrate. Anyway, while discussing with the endocrinologist, he mentioned something that I found interesting. He said that tamoxifen (nolva) would not have any benefit in recovery post cycle. According to him, clomiphene is the best choice if you want to recover. In some cases, they will administer a small dose of sustanon while running the clomiphene. So basically, running the tamoxifen was pointless for recovery.

He decided to do another blood test to check whether my body has started recovering by itself or whether I would need to run clomiphene. He said that due to my age, he expects me to recover fully within 4-6 months and perhaps my LH and FSH may be higher than they were before AAS usage. He also did a testicular exam.

Results:
-testosterone total 10.4 nmol/L (normal ranges 8-29)
-LH 2.1
-FSH 2.3
-testicle volume 25ml (normal ranges 12-30)

So it seems I have made a fair recovery considering I did not use clomiphene. I thought some of you guys might find this interesting, especially with the nolva not being of much use in PCT.

Now I know I did not make the best of decisions, but the good news for me is that I will at least still be fertile so that I may start a family one day. Believe me, it's going to be a while before I touch AAS again. It is a dream to compete, but I have since found a new dream that I would also like to fulfill - to have a family.

Anyway, just wanted to post this in case one or some of you find this interesting. Feel free to ask questions or state your opinion, whatever you like. I would just like to add that I am not stupid or irresponsible, I thought everything through and was under supervision of my GP. I was well aware of the health risks and did my best to avoid them.

OTG

So you did a few cycles in the past, how old where you when you started if your 25 now.

I starter about 2.5 years ago, so I was 22 at the time. Early I know, but I was around steroids at the gym at the age of 16 and started doing research into all aspects of AAS usage about 2 years before I even started my first cycle

Back