Accutane after cycle? and while on TRT

rinkerx

I've always had acne since I was around 13 years old.. it cleared up sightly as I got older but once I started TRT it came not terrible but annoying.. well I ran a 500mg cycle of test cyp 12 weeks and about 3 weeks after my cycle my acne came back full force.. bad cystic acne its been almost 2 months now and I've still got it pretty bad

I ran my TRT up until my cycle and then after my cycle was over.. I took all the steps labs, anastrozole, hcg, etc. everything seemed alright on my labs

anyways I made an appointment with a dermatologist but he cant see me until mid november, and I'm not sure I can deal with this shit for that much longer.. I was considering just buying some accutane and trying it myself? who has done this? any advice? I plan on getting my liver labs done every month if i do decide to do it. I wasn't sure the effects of taking it while on TRT?

on my TRT i take 70mg test cyp twice a week along with 250UI of hcg, and .125mg of anastrozole

My advice...

Find a trt protocol in which your acne is manageable, and stick to it.

I've had acne since I was 12, and it was really bad in high school. Near the beginning of being on trt, I was on 200mg per week. On that dose, I was getting pretty bad acne. My dose now, is 160mg per week, and my acne is manageable. Accutane is dangerous crap. Avoid it if at all possible.

IMO, it's not worth being on a cycle if it causes acne bad enough to make you want to take accutane.

If you feel like you need to be on a cycle that causes severe cystic acne, which makes you want to take accutane, you need to seriously think whether you have an unhealthy addiction to steroids(test).

Trt is one thing, and is for life if you need it. But sacrificing your health just to be on a cycle, is, well, you get the picture.

FWIW, I'm taking 10mg of accutane a day and have noticed no side effects, other than the no new acne.
last bloods did not show any change in liver function.
I use it one month on and one month off, to coincide with giving blood and not donating dangerous blood.
I've done this now for 2 months on, and one month off. will be stopping again in one week.
Do your own research, but I decided that small dose accutane was safe enough for me to go that route.

Back