Anyone heard of QFS Sodium Hyaluronate?

ghoust

I heard that QFS Sodium Hyaluronate is one of the best joint therapy products you will come across.

Sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid—HA) products have been used successfully for years to treat joint disease in several species including the horse. HA is a normal component of joint fluid and cartilage and serves many functions, one of which is to "lubricate" the soft tissue structures of the joint and decrease inflammation. Until recently, HA products were given only as intra-articular injections, directly into the joint space. Now there is an HA preparation that can be given intramuscularly (I.M.) and has shown beneficial results.

Although the mechanism of action of HA is not entirely understood, it is recognized that sodium hyaluronate decreases synovial fluid inflammatory mediators (destructive enzymes) which may have a degradative effect upon articular cartilage.

In addition to the anti-inflammatory actions, HA acts as a lubricating substance within the joint and provides a "protective barrier" over the synovial membrane.

Sodium Hyaluronate is the joint disease therapy that helps stop acute damage before it becomes chronic. Sodium Hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid), is the same polysaccharide present in normal joint fluid to protect and lubricate joint cartilage and soft tissues. Sodium Hyaluronate is produced by a biofermentation process, resulting in such purity that it can be given intramuscularly for immediate bioavailability.

A Colorado State University study* demonstrated systemic administration of Sodium Hyaluronate significantly decreased the synovial fluid concentrations of prostaglandins, glycosaminoglycan (GAG), and total protein that are associated with inflammatory joint disease in the horse. The systemic administration of Sodium Hyaluronate also decreased the severity of cellular infiltration and vascularity in the synovial membrane (i.e., decreased inflammation at the synovial membrane level). This study demonstrates that systemic administration of Sodium Hyaluronate decreases inflammation, products associated with inflammation, and the degree of lameness in horses with arthritis (joint inflammation).

I have heard of some people using horse ointments for joint pain and it was suppossed to be pretty good.. I forget which ones they used though...but I have never heard of the stuff you are talking about..sounds great though... Right now I use MSM and swear by the stuff...

thefantom1 said:
Right now I use MSM and swear by the stuff...

Fantom..........MSM DOES make a joint "feel good" due to its ati-inflammatory property, but .......do your joints a favor: add chondroitin and glucosamnie to the mix. They actually support the remodeling and repair of injured joints/articular surfaces.

;)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...1&dopt=Abstract

Long-term benefits and repeated treatment cycles of intra-articular sodium hyaluronate (Hyalgan) in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee.

OBJECTIVES: To assess the long-term efficacy and tolerability of sodium hyaluronate (Hyalgan) after 1 cycle of 5 intra-articular (IA) injections in patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee.

CONCLUSION: The results of this observational study suggest that Hyalgan, administered either as a single or repeat course, is an effective and well-tolerated therapy for the long-term treatment of the pain of OA

Sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid—HA) products have been used successfully for years to treat joint disease in several species including the horse. HA is a normal component of joint fluid and cartilage and serves many functions, one of which is to "lubricate" the soft tissue structures of the joint and decrease inflammation. Until recently, HA products were given only as intra-articular injections, directly into the joint space. Now there is an HA preparation that can be given intravenously (I.V.) and has shown beneficial results. Legend (hyaluronate sodium) is the only intravenous joint therapy product available.

Although the mechanism of action of HA is not entirely understood, it is recognized that sodium hyaluronate decreases synovial fluid inflammatory mediators (destructive enzymes) which may have a degradative effect upon articular cartilage.

In addition to the anti-inflammatory actions, HA acts as a lubricating substance within the joint and provides a "protective barrier" over the synovial membrane.

Legend is the joint disease therapy that helps stop acute damage before it becomes chronic. Legend is pure hyaluronic acid, the same polysaccharide present in normal joint fluid to protect and lubricate joint cartilage and soft tissues. Legend is produced by a patented biofermentation process, resulting in such purity that it can be given intravenously for immediate bioavailability.

A Colorado State University study* demonstrated an intravenous administration of Legend significantly decreased the synovial fluid concentrations of prostaglandins, glycosaminoglycan (GAG), and total protein that are associated with inflammatory joint disease in the horse. The intravenous administration of Legend also decreased the severity of cellular infiltration and vascularity in the synovial membrane (i.e., decreased inflammation at the synovial membrane level). This study demonstrates the intravenous administration of Legend decreases inflammation, products associated with inflammation, and the degree of lameness in horses with arthritis (joint inflammation).

http://www.yourhorseshealth.com/joint_ther...apy/legend.html

yup, i've heard of this stuff from qfs, a few bros i know have been using and say its AMAZING! i dont have huge joint probs, but when i do, i'll give this stuff a go

DRveejay11 said:
Fantom..........MSM DOES make a joint "feel good" due to its ati-inflammatory property, but .......do your joints a favor: add chondroitin and glucosamnie to the mix. They actually support the remodeling and repair of injured joints/articular surfaces.

;)

I tried the gluco/chondrotin stuff for 2 months and it did nothing for me but shrink my wallet... as soon as I started on the MSM..within 3 days I felt like a new person...

I am glad the QFS Sodium Hyaluronate is IM and not intra-articular. I do not think I could do a shot intra-articular.

thefantom1 said:
I tried the gluco/chondrotin stuff for 2 months and it did nothing for me but shrink my wallet... as soon as I started on the MSM..within 3 days I felt like a new person...
bro the msm provides immediate relief due to its anti infammatory properties but the gluco/chondrontin will provide long term benifits due to repair and regeneration of cartiledge , it just doesnt have that instant gratification of msm

DADAWG said:
bro the msm provides immediate relief due to its anti infammatory properties but the gluco/chondrontin will provide long term benifits due to repair and regeneration of cartiledge , it just doesnt have that instant gratification of msm

very true

Back