Back Acne Problem - Totally At A Loss!

Go to dermatologist first, and don't mention gear!!! That shit will be on a permanent insurance company file somewhere. You gotta realize some docs, not all, but some have let the media determine their opinion of gear, not by doing their own research and forming their own opinion!!!

Your post drew my attention as I too started having the acne issue on both my back and chest. I am on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) at 400mg a wk at 8 weeks in when it started popping up. I did everything everyone above described except the stand up tanning. My profession requires I wear a vest at work, and after a 8 hr shift I would come home and shower and my wife would scrub down my back with a acne scrub. Finally went to a Dermatologist and seeing I am on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), I pretty much laid out what I am doing and why. Guy fully understood and said he'd be doing the same thing if he was in my shoes. Prescribed me Minocycoline 100mg capsules 2ED, stated it's the same stuff they prescribe for teenagers with over active acne. It has cleared up 95% of what I had and with zero side effects. Hope this helps you

Your post drew my attention as I too started having the acne issue on both my back and chest. I am on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) at 400mg a wk at 8 weeks in when it started popping up. I did everything everyone above described except the stand up tanning. My profession requires I wear a vest at work, and after a 8 hr shift I would come home and shower and my wife would scrub down my back with a acne scrub. Finally went to a Dermatologist and seeing I am on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), I pretty much laid out what I am doing and why. Guy fully understood and said he'd be doing the same thing if he was in my shoes. Prescribed me Minocycoline 100mg capsules 2ED, stated it's the same stuff they prescribe for teenagers with over active acne. It has cleared up 95% of what I had and with zero side effects. Hope this helps you

This is great info! How long did it take to clear up? I am at my wits end with this sh*t.
Related question for everyone: Does this mean I will have this issue with every cycle I do???

This is great info! How long did it take to clear up? I am at my wits end with this sh*t.
Related question for everyone: Does this mean I will have this issue with every cycle I do???
It wasn't overnight, but within 2 weeks there was a SIGNIFICANT change. I still have a slight amount but NOTHING like it was before

Also forgot to mention, Doc gave me Clindamycin 1% Soloution. It's in a plastic bottle with like a felt applicator. You roll it on the affected area's. I almost never have to use it anymore, thats why I forgot about it. Good luck, let me know if this helps

Last edited:
Go to dermatologist first, and don't mention gear!!! That shit will be on a permanent insurance company file somewhere. You gotta realize some docs, not all, but some have let the media determine their opinion of gear, not by doing their own research and forming their own opinion!!!

Yes I will go with this. Go to a derm, for the serious pimples you have on your face, they can be eliminated in a day or two by a quick steroid (another type of steroid) injection directly into the pimple. I am on accutane 20 mgs. - All gone except face. Still a handsome mofo tho ;)

I just googled it. What did it do?

Another get on the accutane band wagon. The choice is yours. When you go on this, your dermatologist will take liver tests every 4 weeks. If anything is wrong, you just stop. If everything is okay, you are fine and most importantly clear. Yes there have been a few incidents, but there are with every drug. If you know the risks in advance you can manage them. Accutane may harm the liver - take regular liver tests. Simple.

Works pretty well? This is killing me! Never had a single issue with skin blemishes and of course it is dead of summer where I am shirtless on my boat all the time.

Dude I have ALWAYS had some mild acne on the back of my arms even off cycle...pick up the N2Clear and they have never been smoother... I didnt believe in this product until i tried it honestly.

I got into the doc today. He prescribed me with 100mg Doxycycline (antibiotics) twice a day for two weeks then once a day after that until it is gone. Said I should see dramatic results in teh first 2-3 weeks. I think he must be well aware of what caused it because he gave me multiple refills. Lol. Once it is gone, it will be time for cycle #2 to begin. Hoping this works as well as he says. Thanks for all the info, fellas!

Do the stridex pads contain benzoyl peroxide? I always keep benzoyl peroxide wash on hand for situations like this. Washing with it twice a day helps out tremendously. Of course if your oil production is through the roof, then the wash might not help so much. The wash will kill the bacteria just like tanning does but it won't stop the oil production. If you are not constantly wiping oil off your face then I would assume its a bacteria problem.

Wow. That sucks! So I am assuming this means you can't do a cycle until it clears up? Should I tell my doc that I recently did a cycle or is that wasted information. Also, did you go to your normal doc or a dermatologist? Thanks for the help!

I can't imagine why it would by a problem to take a broad spectrum antibiotic like erythromycin or the Minocycoline as Yankee mentioned while running a cycle - and obviously Yankee's doc gave it to him knowing he was on TRT.

It was my regular doc I went to. I think that treating acne with antiboitics is pretty standard these days so no need to head to a dermatologist IMHO. Like Wolf, I would be reluctant to mention gear unless maybe you said you were on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), which is a more acceptable reason to be using gear. But really the steroids don't actually "give you" acne - they just make you more prone to getting it because they give you oily skin which sets up conditions for bacteria to flourish. Once the bacteria really take hold, you can play hell getting rid of it, and I'm sure some strains are more persistent and better at evading the body's defenses than others (not to mention that the gym is a great place to pick up some awesome bacteria if you are not careful). Plenty of folks get acne without doing steroids so why have it on your record.

I got into the doc today. He prescribed me with 100mg Doxycycline (antibiotics) twice a day for two weeks then once a day after that until it is gone. Said I should see dramatic results in teh first 2-3 weeks. I think he must be well aware of what caused it because he gave me multiple refills. Lol. Once it is gone, it will be time for cycle #2 to begin. Hoping this works as well as he says. Thanks for all the info, fellas!

That's good news. Let us know how the Doxy works for you. Would be awesome to know about something that starts working a little faster.

That's good news. Let us know how the Doxy works for you. Would be awesome to know about something that starts working a little faster.

I will definitely update with my findings. If an $8 antibiotic is the solution, then I will be a little pissed I waited so long to go to the doc. Lol. But, as long as it is gone, I couldn't care less!

Another get on the accutane band wagon. The choice is yours. When you go on this, your dermatologist will take liver tests every 4 weeks. If anything is wrong, you just stop. If everything is okay, you are fine and most importantly clear. Yes there have been a few incidents, but there are with every drug. If you know the risks in advance you can manage them. Accutane may harm the liver - take regular liver tests. Simple.

I took accutane about about 17-18yrs ago. I think it was pretty new then. Had absolutely no problems. Unless you consider clear and oil free skin a problem. I did get really dry lips but as soon as I stopped taking the medicine that went away. The clear skin however, lasted a very long time.

Do the stridex pads contain benzoyl peroxide? I always keep benzoyl peroxide wash on hand for situations like this. Washing with it twice a day helps out tremendously. Of course if your oil production is through the roof, then the wash might not help so much. The wash will kill the bacteria just like tanning does but it won't stop the oil production. If you are not constantly wiping oil off your face then I would assume its a bacteria problem.

This is true. In fact the bleaching agent you use for teeth, carbamide peroxide is being studied for ance vulgaris.

I will definitely update with my findings. If an $8 antibiotic is the solution, then I will be a little pissed I waited so long to go to the doc. Lol. But, as long as it is gone, I couldn't care less!

LOL - no kidding. Good luck man, look forward to hearing about your results.

This is true. In fact the bleaching agent you use for teeth, carbamide peroxide is being studied for ance vulgaris.
I have no oily skin issue whatsoever! My face hardly ever gets even a little oily. Guessing it is all bacteria. Still gonna pick up some wash to help out.

LOL - no kidding. Good luck man, look forward to hearing about your results.
Thanks, brother! :)

Back