Best cycle for an older guy

rob24550

Hi,

So I have read so many articles that I am more confused than when I started. I really need some solid and simple advice.

I am a 45 year old male in pretty decent shape. I currently work out 4-5 days a week in a pretty difficult group class that is very similar to crossfit but the weights are less and the workout is a little longer. But similar style. I eat pretty well and have no health issues.

I would like to gain additional, but moderate muscle mass that I can maintain going forward. I don't like the idea of gaining tons of mass, but losing it after the cycle, and I am too old to to try to get huge and I would probably look goofy if I did.

Mainly I just want to get stronger, improve my physique, but I am having a hard time gaining mass at present. I have done HCG and Anavar in the past with good success but have never been serious about doing it correctly and with discipline. I have easy access to quality HGH as well as test and anavar but I am simply confused about what cycle I should do given my age and goals. The cycles I keep seeing seem like they are for building big mass fast. I would like to build moderate mass a little more slowly.

If anyone would be kind enough to help me with a simple and effective cycle that could add some decent mass that would not totally disappear on me, and that would be safe given my age, and not mess with my balls too much, I would really appreciate it. I definitely want HGH to be a part of it, but I don't know what else to add because HGH alone has not made a big difference for me in my opinion. I was thinking Anavar, but don't know if that's the best solution. Plus I am confused about what PCT to do after.

Again, I really just want to give myself a boost and get a little bigger and be able to work out a little harder and look nice for the ladies. I just don't want to go overboard get too big, or do not enough and get nothing out of it.

Plus, I am not that bright so it needs to be a simple plan.

Your help is appreciated very much.

Welcome and the fact u say your not to bright makes u smarter than most around here. I m so overrated it s retarded.

Any blood work lately ? I ask as u maybe a trt candidate.
Everyones whose anyone s gonna say get bw before you start to be safe. BW is cheap and they can decipher it for you. I CANNOT.
Std cycle to start is
500 mg test c or e pinning 250 mg 2 a week for 12 14 16 weeks.
An ai should be on hand to counter e2 upward fluctuations that will arise but to what extent remain s to be seen.
HCG is good too at 125 iu s or 250 iu s 2 or 3 times a week if ur balls matter to you. Mine do not to me.
PCT drug s on deck for when it s over as if your not a trt candidate now (U will be soon lol..kidding) u ll want to get bloods again after p c t.
Anavar s good I hear but that and hgh...don t know jack or --it bout either so...run em both.

Last edited:
Teutonic is right on as usual. Have you done any research on the safe use of AAS? That's also what you need to do. Such as the knowledge of Estrogen and Prolactin. Why an AI and understand you want to control Aromatization.

Good Luck and welcome to the board, :wavey:

Op, u came to the right place. Stick around. Educate yourself. Don't expect to be spoon fed everything, but as you read stuff...don't be afraid to ask specific questions.

Hgh @ 4-5 iu isn't magical and needs to be run for 4-6 months to be any help but it helps us older guys regardless.
Test is always a base....always. real var is pretty good and one of the most mild orals there are and higher doses are warranted ie 60-100mg per day. Periodic blood work is good to stay healthy. There are some vets here that can help decipher bw numbers

I think you basic first test only cycle could easily be applied to your goals. I agree with teut that blood work is in order because you could be hypo and don't even know it, which if you are just a TRT dose works miracles in terms of lean mass.

As with anything your diet and training will decipher your goals, if you wanna stay lean then don't eat too much but eat enough to grow, use a training routine with lots of reps and good form, really feel that pump and contraction of the muscle. Training that way is more conductive of hypertrophy versus throwing around huge weights at low reps.

Thanks to everyone for the good input. I've attached my last bloodwork and at that time I was doing test Cyp (400MG/week) and HGH .3mg twice per day along with 500u of HCH twice. But I stopped after just a couple weeks because I was nervous about what I was doing and scared for my balls.

So barring any weird stuff on my bloodworm, what about this?

Test 400mg/week
HGH .3mg/twice daily
Anavar 70mg/day

I know I will need to do the HGH for minimum 5-6 months, but any thoughts on leith of the other two, and am I missing anything? What would recommended PCT be?

Thanks again for the help everyone.

As posted above: AI &PCT
You need it all in hand before you start! Your estrogen is already high. It'll get worse. The stickies at the top of this forum will explain it all way better than I can here, but AI is like anastrazole and PCT is nolva and clomid. The HCG will save the walnuts

And I don't know much about HGH, but 0.3mls is 3 units, right? 6 units a day seems a bit high for some and I've read folks have to ramp up to those higher levels.

And finally plan on regular bloodwork and blood donations to control hematocrit levels

Y r u so attatched lol to ur balls ? Procreating a new tribe.

Remember just cuz they can shrink they almost always s return to size..mine do but if they did not I d not care.

Y r u so attatched lol to ur balls ? Procreating a new tribe.

Remember just cuz they can shrink they almost always s return to size..mine do but if they did not I d not care.

If you've already had kids, who cares about balls, as Tuetonic once said...smaller balls makes your junk look bigger! Lol! Besides all they do is get in the way and stick to your leg on hot days!

Just my opinion of course!

Back