Calories when bulking

personally, i use mcdonalds. i dont count although i count protein and i take in a min. of 400g a day. other than that anything i fair game.

Find out your cal burn/day... should be lotsa calculators online... my favorite formula (for men):

A) weight in lbs x 11 = BMR
B) to add for activity, multiply BMR by
-under 30yo: 0.3 if sedentary, 0.4 if moderately active, 0.5 if very active (pretty much only every day cardio or lifting)
-30-40yo: .25, .35, .45
-40+ yo: .2, .3, .4

You can take intermediates if you want, eg a pretty active (but not a extremely) 25yo would could use .45

C) add BMR from A and activity from B.... that is about what you burn (you will have to adjust a lil based on results; everyone has slightly different metabolism/activity)

...to bulk natural, I add 700 cals to what I burn. To bulk on cycle, I will be adding another 1000 cals on top of that (prolly a quart of skim and a quarter jar of PB each day).

fuzzy-1 said:
personally, i use mcdonalds. i dont count although i count protein and i take in a min. of 400g a day. other than that anything i fair game.

It's not rocket science, this is a pretty good approach, just lay off too
many saturated fats, have the sandwiches, go light on the fries.

I like liquid calories. It's easier to drink 1000 cals then it is to eat 1000 cals. I try to always be drinking something w/calories in it.

Spud said:
It's not rocket science...
Yes I know, I just thought that formula I use is nice to have handy for making diets for maintaining weight or losing weight also.

Here is a simplified way to calculate bulking cycle diet:

total calories ED = your weight in lbs x 25
grams of protein ED =your weight in lbs x 1.5
6-7 meals ED... every couple hours (esp right when you wake up, before bed)

Back