Carbs and bulking?

legend05

Roughly how many grams of carbs do you consume when bulking?

I know they say 1.5g protein per lb of body weight but what about carbs?

Rough guide..

legend05 said:

Rough guide..

at least double than the protein...

Double? That seems like way to much?!

Im about 215 lbs and go for 300g protein, Are you saying I should be trying to consume approx 600grams of carbs per day?!

What about fat gain on such a high total?!

legend05 said:
Double? That seems like way to much?!

Im about 215 lbs and go for 300g protein, Are you saying I should be trying to consume approx 600grams of carbs per day?!

What about fat gain on such a high total?!

carbs are the shit, you need them to grow, just like you need protein...ok maybe you dont need double of 300 (alot of these faggy boys only consume like 200 at most) but i really dont keep count of my carb intake while bulking(i just make sure that each meal consists of 2 or 3 diff carbs at around 20 grams each)

legend05 said:

Rough guide..

For bulking
protien-2 grams per pound of weight
carbs-2.5 grams per pound of weight
fats-.25 grams per pound of weight

For cutting
protien-1.5 grams per pound of LBM
carbs-1 grams per pound of LBM increased by .5 every 2 days then decreased back to 1.
fats-usually no more than 25 grams a day

Works for me

I go on percentages. When bulking, I hit at least 250 grams of protein for the day, which ends up around 25% of my calories, then 30% from fat and the remaining 45% from carbs. Obviously I don't hit those percentages exactly, but I try to keep it pretty close. Carbs are what fuel your workouts, remember.

MAtty 2412, those figures look good, I think I'll start at 1.5g/ml protein, 2g/lb carbs and 0.25g/lb fats and see how that works :)

Thanks all

Back