Cinnamon reduces blood glucose, triglycerides,LDL, and total cholesterol in diabetics

prot

Detective 1st Class
Re: Cinnamon reduces blood glucose, triglycerides,LDL, and total cholesterol in diabetics

prot said:
Their conclusion was that insulin s...use that is what many anti-diabetic drugs do?

The researchers found that cinnamon rekindled the ability of fat cells in diabetics to respond to insulin and greatly increased glucose removal.
Yup,what I thought.It improves glucose clearance and uptake into fat cells = can make you fatter.

Re: Re: Cinnamon reduces blood glucose, triglycerides,LDL, and total cholesterol in diabetics

omnibus said:
Where did you read that?Did you mean increase glucose uptake in fat cells,because that is what many anti-diabetic drugs do?

No the conclusion was that cinnamon made cells LESS insulin resistant.
In type 2 diabetes there is insulin produced but the cells are resistant to its effects. The cinnamon helped the cells respond to insulin and thus lowered all the lipids and blood glucose. Its a very positive thing as it could and should make you lose fat with the proper diet as many people who are not even diabetic have Syndrome X(insulin resistance leading to obesity). It is insulin resistance which is responsible for fat storage and ..I repeat...cinnamon lowered this.

Re: Re: Re: Cinnamon reduces blood glucose, triglycerides,LDL, and total cholesterol in diabetics

prot said:
No the conclusion was that cinnamon made cells LESS insulin resistant.
In type 2 diabetes there is insulin produced but the cells are resistant to its effects. The cinnamon helped the cells respond to insulin and thus lowered all the lipids and blood glucose. Its a very positive thing as it could and should make you lose fat with the proper diet as many people who are not even diabetic have Syndrome X(insulin resistance leading to obesity). It is insulin resistance which is responsible for fat storage and ..I repeat...cinnamon lowered this.
No,when the FAT CELLS become more insulin sensitive they hypertrophy.They act as a sink for the glucose.That is why the meds for Type 2 Diabetes generally make you fatter.This may or may not be an issue on a diet.Note that the best fat loss compunds like ECA,Clen and especially GH make you insulin RESISTANT which is part of the reason they help you lose fat.

Back