Clean Bulk Cassarole

BuddyBoy

Got any Ice Cream?
This morning I made a *BOMB* "Clean Bulk Cassarole"

.. not that I've been eating very clean.. nor am I bulking... but its good food none the less...

1 large yam, chop up into large chunks, add 3 tbs of fat free milk, microwave for 15 minutes in glass cassarole dish

take 3-4 chicken breasts and pan fry with PAM. Season, and add in 1 small can chopped olives, 3 tbs of sun dried tomatoes.

make batter:
1/4 c oats
1/4 c corn meal
1/4 c whole wheat flour
2 eggs
1/2 c fat free milk
2 tbs maple syrup
1/2 tsp salt

~Mash yams and spread evenly along bottom of cassarole dish. Top with minced garlic
~Spread chopped chicken breast mixture on top
~pour batter over everything
~Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 min.

It took me less than an hour to cook it. I set the yams to micro b4 I went to the gym, and you can cook the chickn b4 hand, or use canned chicken.

YUMM sounds good!! did u come up with this yourself?
doesnt sound too bad at all!! wish I was bulking so I could give it a try! the only thing that I think I would substitue is the maple syrup, add in some splenda or a sugar free type. oh and perhaps add in 2 egg whites in place of 1 egg. ;)

Yeah, I dreamed it up last night as I was falling asleep.

I had it for lunch, and I think that it tased pretty good. You could replace the oats with whole wheat flour for a better texture. This one was kinda hard.

You might even try subbing the eggs with 2 egg whites, 1 tbs olive oil and 1/4 c no sugar added applesauce.

Yams are real starchy, so you can sub the yams with fat free pinto beans or drained, rinsed, and mashed black beans.

If you go the black beans route, microzap some turkey bacon, wring it out with a paper towel, and mash it up in the beans for a Bacos type flavor.

For seasonings, i like to use no salt garlic and parsley powder, and chilipowder.

again, more great ideas!!
are u grinding your oats? If not that is something that you may want to consider rather than the whole wheat flour!

and yams(or sweet potatoes) are a great choice for a complex carb!! the beans idea sounds pretty good too! ;)

Back