cleaning syringes?

sprucegoose

After converting a powder to an oil, is there any way to clean and reuse the used syringes for another powder to oil application?

tommy_big_guns said:
syringes are cheap I would just buy more.

Cosigns, and do what my dad does w/ his used syringes: Put them in a thick sealed container, like a liquid detergent bottle, to keep things safe, and sterile.

If you're really that cheap, I suppose you could flush them with some leftover BA. Just be careful because the BA will eat the writing off the outside of the syringe. I'd just buy more new ones, you're gonna need more filters for your next project anyway so you might as well add a couple of big syringes to the order too.

Alright. Thanks Alot. I just did not want to wait for some new ones in the mail. I am going to have though. I do not want to question sterility. Thanks alot for the replies, greatly appreciated.

Its fine to reuse - however the rubber plunger cracks and gets dry after 1 use. Its best to use new ones especially considering how cheap they are.

Cleaning a syringe with alchohol is a bad idea as it tends to dissolve the rubber plunger inside, making the seal not fit properly. Try hydrogen peroxide, which studies show is a better sterilizing agent anyway. It has no corrosive properties like alchohol.
That's assuming that you actually want to do this and are not able to pony up the 10cents for a new one, or wait the couple days it will take to arrive.

Back