Clen 4 days on 3 days off?

Gemma

I just wanted some advice on using Clen. I am 24 years old, 135lbs, 5'4 and around 15-16% BF. I have been training for 4 years - heavy weights (4 times per week) + 1 or 2 sprint sessions. My diet is pretty dialled in. I've been stuck at this BF for a while and tried cycling carbs, ketogenic diet, maintenance calories for reset, cut cardio - increased cardio etc. I just can't seem to get any lower and was hoping clean would help. I am going to do lyle macdonald's ultimate diet 2.0, which sounds pretty brutal but I'm up for the challenge. He mentions taking clen alongside the weeks carb depletion days which is 4-5 days per week (Sunday (Afternoon) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (A.M) then come off it for the 'carb load' Thursday (P.M), Friday and Saturday, Sunday Morning).

I have read tons of info on clen, its side effects its dosages etc. I know many people do a 2 day on 1 day off or 3 weeks on 3 weeks off etc. But I have surgery in 5 weeks and i will not be able to train for 3weeks following it. Could i use it for the 4 days, 3 days off for the total 5 weeks? Or is this not smart. Oh and do I need to take taurine (2g) and Potassium (200-400mg)?
Thanks in advance

There is a reason Lyle didn't recommend clen for the carb load days.

Clen, as well as most thermogenics of the same class, can induce insulin resistance that completely negates the whole purpose of the carb load.
I would personally follow Lyle's advice completely. The UD 2.0 is a very fixed, rigid programme and any adjustments are not recommended.

Hi thanks for the reply. I am planning on following Lyle's advice to the tee, and for that reason i want to stop the clen cycle the day before the carb loads. What I wanted to know was if it is ok to cycle 4 days on 3 days off for 5 weeks with no week long breaks in between?

I've taken clen 2 weeks on/off, 2 days on/off and EOD - all of which worked provided the dose was kept relatively low for the 2 days & EOD periods(below 80-100mcg).

Considering clen's half life is 36 hours, I don't think a 4/3 schedule would work BUT why not try a 3/4 schedule instead?
That seems a more realistic approach provided the dosing is controlled.

Yes I will try the 3/4 dose as you recommended.
So based on minimal/no side effects would the following be appropriate
Day 1: 20mcg
Day 2: 40mcg
Day 3: 40mcg

Day 8: 60mcg
Day 9: 60mcg
Day 10: 80mcg

Then taper down from 80mcg to 40mcg and then back up in the same order, for the remaining weeks?

I would do something like this:
Days 1-3: 20, 20, 40
Days 8-10: 40,60,60
Days 13-16: 60, 80, 80

You don't really want to go over 100mcg on a 3/4 dosing schedule and there isn't really any need to taper down.
I would steadily increase, as side effects dictate, until you reach a point that your happy with then stay there for the remaining weeks - for me that would me 60mcg if I'm going EOD for example.

Sheesh I did clen last prep every single day for 12 weeks total
Started at 40 and by the end was at 120.

Don't waste your time doing on and off. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Sheesh I did clen last prep every single day for 12 weeks total
Started at 40 and by the end was at 120.

Don't waste your time doing on and off. Just my two cents.

This only works if you have Ketotifen on hand to prevent beta receptor down regulation.
Otherwise the clen WILL stop working after 2 weeks - fact.

Mrs CcC:
- start at 20mcg and slowly work your up to 140mcg depending on the side effects. Basically, increase the dose every 2 days provided the sides are tolerable.

A 2 week on/off approach is better than 2 days but this depends on how far out from your comp you are, etc.

This only works if you have Ketotifen on hand to prevent beta receptor down regulation.
Otherwise the clen WILL stop working after 2 weeks - fact.

Mrs CcC:
- start at 20mcg and slowly work your up to 140mcg depending on the side effects. Basically, increase the dose every 2 days provided the sides are tolerable.

A 2 week on/off approach is better than 2 days but this depends on how far out from your comp you are, etc.

Thanks for getting back. Unfortunately I'm now 6 weeks out! The ones im using at the moment do not taste of anything at all so am even questioning their authenticity! Have been losing but diet will do that anyway ***55357;***56847;

Thanks for getting back. Unfortunately I'm now 6 weeks out! The ones im using at the moment do not taste of anything at all so am even questioning their authenticity! Have been losing but diet will do that anyway ***55357;***56847;

At 6 weeks out you should either go with 2 weeks on/off or stay on Clen full time if you can get your hands on Ketotifen.

I live in the UK for most of the year so I'm familiar with the good sources - if it's anything Bulgarian then your right to be suspicious.
My usual source also mentioned something about the Chinese clamping down on raw producers so that could play a part too...

Last edited:
Hmmm don't know if I could get the keyotifen? Not long to play with u see will see what I can do! I have Chinese at the mo but no sate, no cramps and no shakes which is my normal side effect waiting on some others but not sure what they're going to be? Thanks again for your help

Hmmm don't know if I could get the keyotifen? Not long to play with u see will see what I can do! I have Chinese at the mo but no sate, no cramps and no shakes which is my normal side effect waiting on some others but not sure what they're going to be? Thanks again for your help

Board sponsor RUI the lion banner above will have ever thing you want in one place clen, albut, and keto

Could I stay on Clen either EOD or ED if I take Benadryl? Opinions PLEEEAASSEE!!

ED only with keto - benadryl won't work.
EOD only if your using low doses - below 60-80mcg and no need for keto.

Or you could do the 3 on/4 off routine Gemma decided on above.

Back