Collegiate rules

ect0m0rph

I was listening to the Dan Patrick show this morning and they were talking about an incident that happened last week.

Iowa's quarterback Drew Tate was in a golf tournament, and in the tournament if you hit a hole in one on a certain hole you get thirty thousand dollars towards a new car. Well Tate drilled it and was going to collect his car when his athletic director told him he could not accept the money because it is a violation of NCAA rules.

This is a joke, these athletes are now not allowed to be apart of the regular world now. They are not allowed to enter golf tournaments and collect their winnings, what are they also not allowed to work at McDonald's and collect their paycheck. The NCAA is getting out of hand. I wonder why all those High School Basketball players want to go straight to the pro's.

yea, that is bullshit, i was a college athlete and i opted to go pro in my sport early because i was tired of sponsors milking us and making money when we can make it on our own....

I agree, the NCAA is out of control. They don't let these guys have anything. If you ace a hole you should get something, because thats impressive.

Back