Constructive Criticism For My Cut Diet

BigshotVic

Hey guys, Just started my cut last friday. Here's the deal: current 178lbs, 13-14% BF. Was 196 after last bulk . Unfortunately had a bout of pneumonia and dropped to my current weight do to bed rest and a diet of chicken broth. Decided to cut from this weight for a lean mean summer, and build back up next winter. My job burns quite a few calories, I'm on the go quite a bit. Training 3x week, 20 min cardio, 50 min weights. Mon chest shoulders, Tues back bi's tri's, Fri the dreaded leg day. Im a hardgainer and have the metabolism that goes with it, so dieting is always a pain!!! Training on and off since 16, but partied a lot as a teenager/earl 20's, learning and training steadily for the last 3 years. I track all my meals on myfitnesspal.com. They have a great iPhone app that makes it easy to do.

Maintenance 3200 calories/day

BMR: 2100 calories
eating: 2500/day clean
sups: Fish oil, ON Cassein, Whey, Muscle Milk MRP, universal uni-liver(2 before training, 2 after.)Nutrex Hemo Rage Black pre workout .
Cheat meals : 2 a week, eat whatever I want, but don't gorge myself. Typically a lumberjack breakfast, or manwich dinner cheesecake dessert. Haven't had one yet, but these are my favourites and will be my definite go to cheat meals.
typical day:
breakfast: 1/2 cup organic no fat probiotic yogurt, plain; 1/4 cup honey almond granola; 1 cara cara orange or apple.
snack: home made shake with 1 banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1cup skim milk, 2 egg whites, 1tbsp nutritional yeast, 1tbsp wheat germ, 2tbsp vital wheat gluten.
Lunch: Turkey/Tuna/Roast Beef with 1/2 avocado (awesome for tuna instead of mayo)mustard, 1/2 tomato, cucumber or pickles, romaine lettuce, whole grain bread, 4 thin slices of marble cheese
snack: Muscle Milk (cookies and cream is awesome and really helps satisfy my sweet tooth)
Dinner: Boneless skinless chicken breast/low fat steak/salmon with 3 small red potatoes or brown basmati rice, 1 cup steamed broccoli or a garden salad with a small amount of balsamic vinaigrette.
bedtime snack: 1cup of 1% cottage cheese or ON casein shake

All proteins are mixed with water, except for my post workout whey which I mix with orange juice. Tastes exactly like an orange julius (again helps with my sweet tooth). I typically drink 8-cups of straight water a day, one cup of black coffee with breakfast, and 2 green teas with 1/2 tsp cinnamon each throughout the day.

It hasn't even been a week, i have not budged on the scale, but i can already see a slight difference in my abbs. could by just me being optimistic this is the 1st time I've gone all out counting calories, making sure I'm a deficit, and following a definitive diet . In the past, with my metabolism I would simply back off of my bulk diet and let nature run it's course, but i want some serious cuts this year. Looking not only for single digits, but 5%BF. I've done a lot of reading, and feel I'm pretty on point to loose BF while maintaining lean mass, but I'm posting to hear opinions and suggestions from the wise ones. Also, this diet actually works out to almost 40-40-20 to the T. I'll keep posting as i move forward with weight, pics, adjustments to diet , etc. So go ahead, pull this apart, examine it, scrutinize it, and give me feed back. Thanks guys, I look forward to your input as I'm putting a lot of effort into this!!!!

Oh, also, if you guys have any advise on suppressing my appetite I'll be forever great full. I'm constantly starving and obsessing over food!!!

Back