Could someone critique this critique?

liftstrong12

I looked for a review of my upcoming 2nd cycle. I was given a thumbs up on this forum, but was told the whole thing looks like shit on another. Below are the highlights of the thread from the other forum. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated since now I am just confused as all hell.

This was my opening question...

My first cycle was a few months ago and I ran test prop with Var and had great results. The only problem was that I did start to develop gynecomastia about half way through and developed some joint issues from the adex, I believe, most went away except I now have tendinitis which I believe is from the adex. Thoughts on this?
This is what my 2nd cycle will look like.

On cycle:
1-10 test testosterone propionate @ 400mg/wk
1-10 adex or letro? if adex .25g eod
1-10 HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - @ 500iu's/wk
5-10 Anavar - oxandrolone - @ 80mg/day
1-10 every other two weeks Clen @ 80mcg/day

PCT:
nolva 40/20/20/20
Clomid 100/50/50/50

What do you think?

This was the response from the other forum...

you should not use letro unless you are treating pre existing gynecomastia or you have no other alternative bro... its extremely strong and should be used accordingly... where is your protection while taking anavar??? you MUST run n2guard alongside.... your PCT is absolutely horrible... lets fix thiscycle...

1-10 test testosterone propionate 100 mg eod
1-14 gw 501516 20 mg day SARMS1.COM - The best Selective androgen receptor modulators
1-10 s4 50 mg day SARMS1.COM - The best Selective androgen receptor modulators
1-10 "liquidex" n2bm.com
3-10 HCGenerate es n2bm.com
5-10 anavar 60 mg day
5-10 n2guard n2bm.com

PCT 11-14

clomid 50/50/25/25 AG-guys.com
Phytoserms Ruthless Supplements
aromasin 12.5 mg eod AG-guys.com
n2guard n2bm.com
ostarine 25 mg day SARMS1.COM - The best Selective androgen receptor modulators

I didn't like that this response was full of product pushing so I wrote...

Help me out bros, need a cycle review where I'm given the whys if you see a problem and suggestions that are not solicitis. I appreciate all the help, just looking for info on what needs to be fixed and why.

And here is the last post...

I already told you why to not take letro... your PCT is ing terrible... its incomplete and you will have a horrible time with recovery and chance are you will not keep your gains... you have been given COMPLETE and extensive PCT options to fully recover and to help you keep your gains... running HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - as long as you have planned is going to cause nothing but problems... it will increase estrogen after a certain point... your body will adapt it after extended use making it ineffective... it also simply mimics lh - leutenizing hormone - and that is not a good thing to be doing for too long... SARMS additions were made to make your cycle more complete and to maximize what you can accomplish... you never listed n2guard with anavar and so you are not protecting yourself in any way... you will be making a huge mistake running a METHYLATED ORAL with no protection... you need to protect your liver, bp, kidneys, lipids, cholesterol etc... with anavar... you need HCGenerate es on cycle... HCGenerate ES is specifically designed to keep on cycle suppression to a minimum, making your transition into PCT much smoother, allowing for an optimal recovery and more keepable gains… It also testicular shrinkage and your libido strong on cycle...then you blast HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - before PCT...

so is that enough explaination? there is no product pushing... this is setting you up for the smoothest possible cycle, with maximum gains and enhanced recovery.... i only design cycles that will produce maximum benefits with extensive recovery and most keepability.... you do whatever you want with it bro...

I appreciate any and all help

Wow, somebody has no clue what they're talking about yet wants to sell you a buttload of unnecessary supplements. I'd run away from the other forum or at least the ppl writing those responses.

I see no problem with your suggested cycle. I prefer aromasin over adex myself. Ive had bloods with n2guard and it DOES in fact work, but if you cant afford it go with NAC. I take NAC ed. 1200mg with injectables and 1800mg when orals are present. Ive had bloods done with NAC also and it has my liver values in range everytime. The sarms are your call. They have their place but what youve proposed originally is simple and easy. Good luck

Step 1:

Go there:

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a...ia-if-you-re-asking-question-read-thread.html

And check if you actually have gyno, you might be wrong...If you do, then solve the issue BEFORE jumping on cycle, you don't want to make things more complicated by trying to cure a pre-existing problem while pumpimg hormones in your blood stream.

Step 2:

Your cycle is not bad at all, but I would do:

1-12 Test Prop 500/600w
I suggest you to up the dose from 400 to 600/w because the gains/sides ratio between 400 and 600/w is in favor of the latter (http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/153723-300mg-vs-600mg-testosterone.html)
1-12 Arimidex OR Aromasin, up to you, I prefer Aromasin but each his own. Check the recommended dosage for each, if you use Aromasin go for 12.5mg/ed and adjust from there according to bloodworks
1-12 HCG @ 500IU/w (250IU x 2 /w)
7-12 Var as planned (80mg/ed)
I won't comment on Clen as I never used it.

PCT:

Clomid 75/50/50/50
Nolva 40/20/20/20

Note: I always used Toremifene for my PCTs but what I indicated above seems to be the consensus on Clo/Nolva PCT

Liver protection:

NAC @ 1800mg/day (can be more, can be less but NAC is cheap so no need to cut corners here)

The critique the guy gave you is not that terrible, the only few things I don't like in it are:

- NAC is superior to N2guard for liver protection (you can use both though)
- I don't trust HCGenerate and other OTC PCT products, I've read too many threads from kids using them for their PCTs and getting pretty much nothing from them
- Don't use SARMs unless you know what you're doing. IMHO putting things with such a huge harmful potential and with such a small hindsight is nothing less than stupid. But it's your call
- Don't use SARMs during PCT, whatever you hear about them they are suppressive, you don't want that when trying to recover

EDIT: I've extended you cycle lenght from 10 to 12 weeks but as you're using prop it's your call, you will def see results from a 10 weeker.

Last edited:
throw in some daa with the nolva/clomid i don't see a problem. with cycles, stacks, pct less NEEDED is best but your trying to restore your natural balance, balance in everything is the key sounds like you should do some more research, but asking questions is the best way to start but beware who you listen to....jmo

Gee whiz man, sounds like product promotion to me with regards to what they are telling you to do. The cycle you had planned to do in the first place looks great to me, I would tweak a couple things though. I would up your test to 600 per week, 500 at least as I find 400 to be a bit on the shy side, and I would chose Adex over letro for sure. And Id also run you anavar for 6 weeks, that's just me though, 80mgs a day is a great dose. And your PCT looks good to me. Every supplement has its place for sure but theres no need to over complicate things, what you had planned is going to get you great results.

Make sure you have some sort of on cycle liver support and make sure you split the 500ius of HCG into two separate doses of 250ius.

Last edited:
I appreciate the info form all of you. Not for nothing but I've little by little stopped looking to other forums as most seem to be full of product peddlers or suggesting oral only cycles. WTF! Anyway I will increase the test to at least 500/wk. I also will follow Austenite's on cycle protocol of NAC, Vit C, and DAA as I did last time. Thanks again for the help.

Back