could someone help me make a grocery list?

bentley1

i've ran out of ideas for bulking foods, i need really really easy to make foods, high calorie foods, starting tmrw i will start this bulk diet, i don't care if it is a dirty bulk, my metabolism is very high and i need a ton of calories let alone my job not helping. so far my list goes as follows:
orange juice
natures valley granola
wheat bread
peanut butter an jelly
lemonade
milk
bananas
yogurt
i have all of my breakfast done, plus the snacks throughout the day, i mainly just need a lunch and a dinner. i would like to mix something with some rice but i need a lot of calories in it, i hate rice and chicken its dry and doesn't have many calories, i will have protein shakes throughout the day. any guide to what i could make thats easy and has a lot of calories?? thanks guys

carbs and protein have 4 calories per gram .. whereas fat has 9 calories per gram ,, so if you want more calorie rich and dense foods then I'd stick with meals that contain a decent amount of healthy fats.

couple of thoughts, and what I use for bulking (personally, I'd scratch everything you have listed except the milk and bananas)

- eggs should be a staple, eat for breakfast as well as hard boiled for snacks
- oatmeal or quick oats
- rice cooked with butter to add flavor and calories
- sweet potatoes
- ground beef cooked with butter (tastes way better then lean chicken, and saturated fat is an essential nutrient)
- Salmon (healthy fats and superior protein source)
- Tuna (cheap and easy snack)
- Avacodos

with the above foods you can make plenty of different types of meals and snacks and they are all calorie dense with good protein, healthy fats, and clean carbs.

as for chicken, if you don't like dry lean cuts of chicken ,, buy a whole chicken and eat it with the skin on and the dark meat , way more calories that way and a lot more moist and easy to eat (just throw it in a crock pot to cook)

edit : oh yeah, DON'T forget the Man N Cheese .. great bulking food :)

Last edited:
awesome, i work full time as a ramp agent for a major airliner so as you know i'm burning calories a lot throughout the day. no only that but since i work all day and then go to the gym after its hard to find time to make the meals and get it all prepared for the next day, what do you suggest i do to make this all easier? i always make enough food for the week, but i make it into a big bow and never know how much protein, calories, nutrients i'm getting out of it, what can i do to make this all easier?

buy a set of 32 oz food prep tupperware containers , a set of 20 or so should do. you can take one day and prep several days worth of food and then keep them in the containers in the fridge. Grab however many of the meals you need for work, example 3 meals to get you through the day.
note: you can also prep a bunch of meals at once this way as well and just freeze them, then pull them out the night before to defrost.

heres a simple and easy way to prep some meals.
- cook 6 cups of rice, season with garlic butter and maybe some cut up spinach.
- cook 3 pounds of ground beef, maybe throw in some chopped onion and garlic.
- then take 6 meal prep containers and add 1 cup of rice and 8 oz of ground beef per container

this is going to give you 6 complete BASE meals to work with.. you can then buy a bag of frozen vegetables and just add that to a meal or two (or all of them), or you can add some sweat potatoes to some of the meals, or you can add some black beans to some of them and add salsa for a 'mexi-bowl' meal.
this way the base meal is all the basics , but each meal can be a be different if you like variety .. or you can make them all the same.
but being you know the exact amount of rice and exact amount of meat, you can quickly calculate your calories, protein, fat, and carbs (if you add in vegetables, I usually just don't bother counting those),, if I add in potatoes or black beans for extra carbs, I will add that up.

you can take this same way of thinking and bulk cook multiple other meals as well and mix it up.
example - you can cook a bulk amount of ground beef, then a bulk amount of bow tie noodles, add a cup of noodles and 8 oz of ground beef to your container and pour some spaghetti sauce on top and you have an easy italian meal.

the easiest ,, 1 cup of rice, 1 can of tuna, 1 avocado .. put that in the 32 oz container and you have a high protein, high carb, high healthy fat meal that does not even need heated up.

** this is just an example, if your bulking you may want 1.5 cups of rice and 10 oz of ground beef per container,, depends on how many meals you get in a day and the calories your shooting for

Last edited:
Back