******* - crazy rules?

beezwax

Has anyone been to or heard of *********

They put some alarm on and came and talked to me because I was making some grunting noises while lifting to failure. Said, "the rule is you cant "grunt"."

This seems crazy to me. There's music running. people talking. it's generally noisy. It's a gym. not a library.

I just do make noise when I exert myself fully.

I remember almost having a heart attack pushing a dead car up a snowy driveway in the winter and I was screaming and put dents into the car. It was just natural this car sliding down the driveway and I just had to push harder than ever.

I see others in the gym doing leg presses while reading.

Is this crazy or what? Does anyone else have any crazy planet fitness stories? What's this place want? None of the other staff have other bothered me when working out. and I always lift to failure. maximum exertion just results in noise. Big deal. I think the rest of the staff have understands it's not a big deal and has let me be.

I place the weights down like they are babies, even when its extremely hard to do after doing a set to failure. I wear baggy track pants and t shirts.

It's not like I was deadlifting 500lbs and dropping the weights and screaming. (I've actually left a gym mid-workout once because someone was deadlifting like 300lb and dropping the weight at the end of the set from the waist area.)

I haven't used any steroids or worked out in over 5 years, and ive lost lots of muscle, a ton of strength, and gained lots of fat in this time.

This really sucks because I found what I thought was a comfortable and very inexpensive place right next to my house to get back into lifting, and I've already made GREAT gains in the 5 weeks I've been there. Shoulder and Trap shape is returning, my stomach is tightening, arms are much larger and starting to see definition.

No one else has ever complained and I've lifted hard in front of several different staff members. I feel like this one girl just has a stick up her butt and/or likes to be able to be bossy.

Its nearly like she's single handedly thrown a wrench in my recovery.

This is probably around the best shape I was in, in this photo, about 5 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't make much noise when I lift. Even if I did, I wouldn't hear it because I have headphones on. Come to think of it, I might be loud as fuck. I don't know. Anyway, its probably not the right gym if you can't do what you do when you normally lift. Personally, I don't give a shit what anyone else does in the gym. As long as they re-rack their weights and don't get in my way, we are good.

EDIT: Is this you OP? lol

Last edited:
It's the 'lunk alert' thing I read about. Gym targeting females and beginners who are otherwise intimidated by the big boys. At some gyms, big guys are not tolerated. Too intimidating. No grunting. No straining. No sweating. No noisy weight handling

Back