Creatine is bad if you want to burn fat

T

Thoms

Yes, we all know creatine has no caloric value, but it's still a very bad choice whilst trying to lose fat. It makes the body prefer glucose as energy source instead of fat.

(skip to the last paragraph if you don't want to bother with the whole article :) )

Thoms said:
Yes, we all know creatine has no caloric value, but it's still a very bad choice whilst trying to lose fat. It makes the body prefer glucose as energy source instead of fat.

Thanks for the article.. that does it, I have *made* my decision about creatine! :p

You may have saved me considerable trouble/effort.. really appreciate your having posted this.

creatine is not the problem.... whats ur diet like? that is what u have to look at...

Good read but I think with timing of excercise and using CEE(rather than regular creatine and any "loading") it doesn't hinder much if all.

Last summer I was leaner than I'd been in 6-7 years. I used creatine etyl ester and vitargo. Half of my carb intake was from vitargo(total carbs around 200/day).
When taking creatine I have no desire for red meat. So I also didn't eat red meat last summer(only occasionally).

I didn't see (may have been there) how restricted their diets were and how intense their workouts were.

i appreciate the study but for me it's not the end all answer. I've lost significant fat while taking cee. As for regular creatine and trying to spike insulin, yeah I know it hindered fat loss. And creatine itself probably does as the study shows. However; with extremely intense workouts & diet creatine may be another factor that spares muscle.

Back