Cutting questions........

Nick smiths

I have never tried to cut while preserving muscle. It has always been extreme losing multiple pounds per week with no thought of losing muscle.

Everything I have read about a cutting cycle says to lift weights during the cutting cycle. This seems counterintuitive to me. Lifting breaks down muscle tissue and if in a calorie deficit, that broken down muscle will be lost.

Wouldn’t burning 600 calories walking conserve more muscle than lifting weights and burning the same amount of calories?

I just have worked so hard to gain muscle that I want to do it right. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Will be doing
600mg test per week
75-100mcg t3
Around 1.25 mg letrozole/week

I have never tried to cut while preserving muscle. It has always been extreme losing multiple pounds per week with no thought of losing muscle.

Everything I have read about a cutting cycle says to lift weights during the cutting cycle. This seems counterintuitive to me. Lifting breaks down muscle tissue and if in a calorie deficit, that broken down muscle will be lost.

Wouldn***8217;t burning 600 calories walking conserve more muscle than lifting weights and burning the same amount of calories?

yes it would but still i would work out to keep the muscles defined so that when you do lose the unwanted fat those muscles will shine through.

Wouldn***8217;t burning 600 calories walking conserve more muscle than lifting weights and burning the same amount of calories?

I just have worked so hard to gain muscle that I want to do it right. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Will be doing
600mg test per week
75-100mcg t3
Around 1.25 mg letrozole/week

When does this cyce start? why letrozole? why not the standard aromasin or arimidex?

In order to understand how to preserve muscle while losing body fat, it is helpful to understand the biological motivation behind these processes. Why does the body break down muscle tissue when dieting? During periods of reduced caloric intake, the body must compensate for this lack of energy.

It does so by breaking down fats in adipose tissue and proteins in muscle tissue to be used in synthesizing glucose which is used for energy.

So, making sure that the body has proteins constantly in the blood stream will make it less likely to go to muscle tissue for those proteins. You should therefore frequently provide your body with sufficient protein sources through your diet.

Back