Diagnosed with Low-T in Canada, utterly confused by Endo and need advice!

TheCelt

Hi all,
New here, and I have some questions, hoping someone can help me out and forgive me if there is any forum protocol/decorum for newbies that I have missed.

I am a 35 year old male, I got my Test checked in Dec 2012 after dealing with depression and a host of other low-t symptoms for over 3 years. Was a fight to even get my family doc to check my testosterone and not just prescribe SSRI & ED meds.

Did the blood work with LifeLabs in Ont, Canada, the results came back:

Total Testosterone 8.2 nmol/L
Free Testosterone 25.2 nmol/L

My Doc says, I am in the "low end of normal" and want's to give me Androgel, I convince him to go with Test Cyp, to save me money. He puts me on Test Cyp (100MG/ML) Inject 2ML every 2 weeks.

I used to workout a lot and from 2004 to 2007 I had been using Deca and Anadrol 50, I knew I felt fantastic mentally and physically while taking them. I was hoping that the Cyp would start to boost me back closer to being my old self. I started to feel a littler better but nothing amazing. I also noticed my testicles were shrinking, which I did not experience in the past and my semen seemed to become more watery and clear.

I knew getting anything else from my own Doc was going to be a fight, so I got a referral to an Endocrinologist. Before the Endo would do anything, he wanted me discontinue the Cyp for 3 weeks, have a second set of labs and see him again.

The second labs came back, he would not give me the number (said he was having computer probs) but said my testosterone was very low, I had type 2 diabetes and my cholesterol was 4.3 and for a diabetic needs to be at 2.0

This is where it get's weird. I told him I found the Cyp was not exactly smooth, as I felt a boost a day or so after I took it and then a drop off in energy, I asked about doing 1ML a week instead of the 2ML every 2 weeks. He responded that that would not work, and he wanted me to discontinue the cyp period. He placed me on Androgel 1% 10mg daily. I was not happy about being placed on a trans-dermal (especially when I still had 3 bottles of test cyp).

He informed me that it's highly unlikely I will be able to have kids and I will be on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) the rest of my life. I also have a Bi-Lateral varicocele. He Says I should look into a sperm doner. I then asked him about HCG to help with testicular shrinkage, he said he had heard there were some things out there for that, but that HCG was not available in Canada and that maybe I could order it online somewhere?

So right now, I am planing to see what happens with the Androgel for the next two months, and see how it affects my levels, I am guessing that I will end up requesting to go back to the Cyp injections, but I feel I need to be on more than 2ML every two weeks.

As for the testicular shrinkage and fertility, can anyone point me in the right direction, can Canadian doctors really not prescribe Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG)? If so why would he suggest me ordering it online myself? Is there something else I should be asking for? I just want to start feeling better, not have incredible shrinking balls and give my fertility a little nudge so I am not totally sterile. I am utterly confused and any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I'd try to get back on injections and pin 100mg per week, it might even be better to pin 50mg every 3.5 days.
You can maybe get some HCG from reliablerxpharmacy or safemeds4all
I'd dose HCG at 250iu 2 or 3 times per week.
Then check your TT after 6 weeks and adjust from there.

100mg every two weeks is a stretch, if you go back on that I would do 50mg every week and split it, you would feel much better. And this doesnt tak your doc to do it, you can get extra needles online or any pharm. I didnt like gel either, but if that is all you can get than I would try to make it work you just might need more pumps, androgel can be quite effective for some guys, so if thats all you can get I wouldnt poo poo it. You might also try another doc and have that varicole vein checked by then.

It also sounds like you have a laundry list of other items from mental health to diabetes. Which can greatly affect your T and it might be wise to fix thos issues before you throw another drug into the mix.

I'd try to get back on injections and pin 100mg per week, it might even be better to pin 50mg every 3.5 days.
You can maybe get some HCG from reliablerxpharmacy or safemeds4all
I'd dose HCG at 250iu 2 or 3 times per week.
Then check your TT after 6 weeks and adjust from there.

i understand the purpose of the T and the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) - but what exactly does the HCG do again? (i know, noob question, but i am braindead)

i understand the purpose of the T and the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) - but what exactly does the HCG do again? (i know, noob question, but i am braindead)

TRT kills your signal from your pitutary gland to your balls to work which aids in T production as well as sperm. HCG is supposed to mimic this so your balls operate like normal creating sperm and aiding in test production. Some guys need it some dont. Some guys that need it, it doesnt work for them. Basically its another shot 2-3 times a week, the stuff usually isnt covered by insurance. Most guys take due to concerns over fertility, second reason is because some like to keep their balls the same size, which some guys still dont keep the size, some say they get bigger.

Im on HCG right now trying to boost my fertility, results are warm at best but I go check again in a month. Some guys say HCG makes them feel better, others say like crap.

The thing with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is its more than in injections and more than just taking a shot and everything is ok. Their is constant monitoring at least until you get set with your protocol. And none of it seems to be an exact science and there really is no rule book out there per say. Theres guys on here taking Test alone at 75mg a week and are getting their total t numbers into the 800's and higher, but others taking 200mg a week, HCG, and Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and cant bust 400. So take it slow and methodical, the worst thing you can do is guess and self medicate at least until you have blood work numbers.

Last edited:
Hi guys, thanks for your responses. 300Winning is exactly right in what I am looking to get out of HCG, I want to boost my fertility and stop my balls shrinking while on TRT. What I am confused by is my Endo saying he does not know much about HCG as it is not available in Canada.

I have read other people's experiences living here in Ontario, Canada as little as 2 years ago, saying their doc prescribed Test Cyp and HCG.

Then my Endo suggests perhaps I could get it myself online? Is HGC legal with a prescription in Canada or not?

I am trying to figure out before I see him again if he can't do it, won't do it, or is just ignorant. I don't get why he would say he has no clue about it, as an Endo you would think he would, why he would tell me it's not available if it is, or why he would suggest I get it online if he thinks it's a bad idea or it's not legal?

Last edited:
Endos tend to know more about diabetes and not so much about TRT.

Urologists seem to be better at TRT.

Hi guys, thanks for your responses. 300Winning is exactly right in what I am looking to get out of HCG, I want to boost my fertility and stop my balls shrinking while on TRT. What I am confused by is my Endo saying he does not know much about HCG as it is not available in Canada.

I have read other people's experiences living here in Ontario, Canada as little as 2 years ago, saying their doc prescribed Test Cyp and HCG.

Then my Endo suggests perhaps I could get it myself online? Is HGC legal with a prescription in Canada or not?

I am trying to figure out before I see him again if he can't do it, won't do it, or is just ignorant. I don't get why he would say he has no clue about it, as an Endo you would think he would, why he would tell me it's not available if it is, or why he would suggest I get it online if he thinks it's a bad idea or it's not legal?

I may try the Uro as well, I have had better luck since I switched, and the guy is a dude now so I think he has a little more sympathy than the female endo did. You can find HCG online thats legal and not a scrip. I am just not so sure how legit as far as how well it actually works. Check the HCG thread that was just written the other day in here I responded to it just now, there are some places there.

One thing about HCG is this, at least for me it does nothing in the way I feel. It has brought my balls back to shape a little, but my main concern is fertility. To be honest once I get done with the kids thing Im done with HCG. testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is life and I cant see spending the time on 2-3 shots a week plus the cost of HCG for the next 30-40 years. So I would keep that in mind as well.

Another option to gain fertility is to just stop testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) all together, be like a bad hang over for a while, but it can work, also getting off of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and trying a Clomid.

Back