Dr. Crisler on Subcutaneous Injections of Testosterone

Bump.

I'm considering Sub Q injections for TRT in the future... seems much easier to do so and only pros with no cons as far as I've seen!

I've been using SubQ for about 2.5 months and experienced no issues....no nodules or anything else. It's quick, easy and for all intents and purposes, pain free.

The needle does fill slowly. The whole filling process takes about 2 minutes, but I don't mind that. Injections (to iner thigh) are fairly easy and not painful.

Have you looked into back loading the insulin barrels? Essentially drawing how much you need from your vial with an IM barrel and needle, taking the plunger out the slin barrel and filling it up that way.

Needle phobia isn't really a problem at all for me, it's painless for me but I have begun doing quads and both times it has taken me 3 attempts, either hit a vein or a nerve (massive twitch it's a little uncomfortable)... Sub Q looks to be on the cards, just for ease of draw it and bang it, no aspiration, no having to worry about hitting a nerve/vein etc etc

To me it looks like SubQ is going to eventually be the primary method of admin for TRT, which is definitely a good thing for people with needle phobias!

I've been doing sub-q but just switched to IM. I developed horrible itchiness that would last up to a week. Other than that I loved it.

Have you looked into back loading the insulin barrels? Essentially drawing how much you need from your vial with an IM barrel and needle, taking the plunger out the slin barrel and filling it up that way.

Needle phobia isn't really a problem at all for me, it's painless for me but I have begun doing quads and both times it has taken me 3 attempts, either hit a vein or a nerve (massive twitch it's a little uncomfortable)... Sub Q looks to be on the cards, just for ease of draw it and bang it, no aspiration, no having to worry about hitting a nerve/vein etc etc

To me it looks like SubQ is going to eventually be the primary method of admin for TRT, which is definitely a good thing for people with needle phobias!

Exactly. Back load them. http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/663567-backloading-dummies.html

I've been doing sub-q but just switched to IM. I developed horrible itchiness that would last up to a week. Other than that I loved it.

Yeah I didn't care for doing sub-q. I wasn't shooting a lot of oil sub-q but sometimes I would get some big lumps and nasty bruises and it was be irritating.

Seems to be the biggest downfall of SubQ

You are right. I have a friend who doesn't have an issue. He did the first 4-5 sub-q shots but after that he got used to it. He doesn't get any bruising or pain anymore. Always a little small lump even after he rubs it around but it goes away quickly. I will go back to sub-q once I have so much scar tissue I can't pin my muscle anymore. lol.

So the question for me is how high of doses can you go with sub q? I was looking at running 600mg test p and 300mg mast p. Is it possible to do sub q pins for this type of cycle or is that foolish. Thank you for your responses! For me the biggest fear of intramuscular is abscess.

So the question for me is how high of doses can you go with sub q? I was looking at running 600mg test p and 300mg mast p. Is it possible to do sub q pins for this type of cycle or is that foolish. Thank you for your responses! For me the biggest fear of intramuscular is abscess.

I very much doubt it and have never come accross anyone doing an actual cycle SubQ.

I use Sub Q for TRT with success.

I use a 29 guage half inch insulin needle and inject 56 mg (28 units or 0.28cc) every 4 days. I am new at this (6 months) so I am still experimenting on the dose. That dose seems to keep my trough above 1000 ng/dL (at a body weight of about 150 lbs). I plan to dial it down a little after my next blood test to see if a slightly lower dose is as effective.

The needle does fill slowly. The whole filling process takes about 2 minutes, but I don't mind that. Injections (to iner thigh) are fairly easy and not painful.

That volume does create a small lump that I can feel for a day or 2, but then it disappears. That's not a problem. I have tried as much as 0.5cc and it think 0.5cc is about the max that I would use in a single injection because of lumps and some discomfort at the injection site.

Often there is a slight itching at the injection site for a day or 2, but that is really not a problem either.

Bottom line: Sub Q definitely works. It keeps my Test levels above 1000 ng/dL. It is easy and relatively painless. It avoids my big-needle phobia.

Correction: I thought I was injecting sub-q, but I am probably injecting IM. I use a half-inch needle on my inner thigh. Feeling the spot with muscle tensed, the muscle seems to be much closer to the surface than one-half inch. Also, half way in the needle meets more resistance and I have to make sure my muscle is relaxed.

I am now on 44mg E4D. Seems to keep my test in the 800-900 ng/dl range.

Would changing from im injections to sub-q change your levels on the same dose? Or would you expect it to be about the same? Is there a maximum amount you volume you can inject sub-q

Would changing from im injections to sub-q change your levels on the same dose? Or would you expect it to be about the same? Is there a maximum amount you volume you can inject sub-q

I found my levels to be similar. Volume depends on the spot. I have been reaching behind me and going into the "fat pad" right over my butt. In this spot, seems like the volume can be whatever. If I go into my stomach left or right of my belly button, much over .25cc (generally 50mg of test cyp) gives little bumps.

-Jim

Sure any insulin syringe can be used, he suggested using a bigger needle.

The reason, imagine putting your finger of the end of your water hose, it makes the stream come out a lot faster and harder, and this can create some tissue damage, so go as slow as possible.

awesome post!

awesome thread too!

Depends where in Canada. In ontario 900 TT is a supraphysiological level. Labs have come down to a high range of 860 TT and thats at only one lab. Most are 750 at the very high end of the range.

Depends where in Canada. In ontario 900 TT is a supraphysiological level. Labs have come down to a high range of 860 TT and thats at only one lab. Most are 750 at the very high end of the range.

Lol that's ridiculous... What are they basing their levels on? Todays average test levels that have been bomabared with exogenous substances in our air, water and food that we are literally being poisoned with? Do they take into consideration the stress and run around and lifestyle of the 21st century?

Supra-physiological levels for a male human should be 1200ng/nl + IMHO.

Lol that's ridiculous... What are they basing their levels on? Todays average test levels that have been bomabared with exogenous substances in our air, water and food that we are literally being poisoned with? Do they take into consideration the stress and run around and lifestyle of the 21st century?

Supra-physiological levels for a male human should be 1200ng/nl + IMHO.

One lab is 905 ng/dl ( highest one in Ontario) the remaining labs are 830 and 778 ng/dl as high end of normal.

Back