enough for back and biceps???

smith360

Do you think this would be enough for back and biceps?
pullups 3 sets
pullovers 3 sets
deadlift 4 sets
seated 1 arm db curls 3 sets
double cable curls 3 sets

i would throw in a type of row in the back section in place of the pullovers...and for biceps i would stick to more free weight then cables...like straight bb curls, and db hammers for your 2 exercises...
how often a week will you be doing this back/bi workout?

pullups 3 sets
pullovers 3 sets
deadlift 4 sets

sounds good to me, let us know how it goes with your gains, also can you share your current fitness status so we can see how you progress? Thanks!!

pullups 3 sets
pullovers 3 sets
deadlift 4 sets

I will be technical on this: You need more range with your back and we need goals and stats.

With pullps and pullovers you need to know is a difference as to wide grip straight arm, bent arm and narrow grip as too where you hit the back. Also I don't see any wide grip pull downs for width.

Also how are you doing the pull overs, machine or lying on a bench. One of the types of pullovers can be used for back but also importantly expanding your rib cage and that would be the straight are pull overs lying over a bench. ( so how old are you) ..goals ? you need a thickening close grip pulls as well. YOU see the back can be a bit confusing depending on where you are at....... once you know better what specifically the different exercises do you can mold this differently.

I like more then 4 sets on most with the 3 being more working sets with a medium warm up.

Biceps should have both wide and narrow grip and can be done with all the curls. This like all the different grips hit the inside and outside so you have a full look.

SO to sum it up your goals and your status means a lot. So 3 back exercises and including the dead lifts. Two exercises for Biceps is good but I would definitely go to 4 sets. Building NEW mass should incorporate working mostly low rep , overload and failure with a few negatives.

Last edited:
Back