fat cells?

Diced

Is it true they can be created but not disregard. Once a fat cell hAS been made it can only be shrunken or made bigger ?

I've read somewhere u can't get rid of the cell.. Yes the cell shrinks - this is why overly obese people have such a high tendency to put fat back on after thy e lost a bunch of poundage.
Although the actual Bloated fat cells have given away much of there fat to use as fuel the actual cell still remains. Once it's created its there forever.. There are benefits from having shrunken fat cells - shrunken cells help by secreting hormones that regulate insulin lvls. Bloated cells stop that function and stop regulating insulin levels and this is why obese people r such a higher risk factor for diabetes than non obese people.

Just finished a integumentary system chapter for phys, section all about adipose tissue.
Definitely true unfortunately, and you typically gain more with age. :(

yes I have heard this to be true. I literally think about it everytime i eat something fatty.

and also isnt it true that HGH can help you actually loose the fat cells ?

and HGH also make new muscle cells ( hyperplasia) rather than enlarge them (hypertrophy)

Last edited:
Back