Feeling down and desperate and need some advice

sealevel

Super Baller Ass Novice
Long story short, I was doing great with my cycles about 5 years ago, felt like I was on top of the world. Healthy and happy and living the good life. Shit happened, I got hurt and I found myself with over a 100 pound weight gain and I had a gastric sleeve procedure three weeks ago. I went into surgery at 311 pounds and I'm down to 277 already but in the gym I'm weak and I don't seem to be building any strength. I can only manage about 500 to 700 calories at the moment so that's an issue. Now I have some older gear left over, as in Pinnacle gear and it's a few years expired. My question is, is it still good? And would it even help me maintain strength and some kind of mass with eating such a low amount of calories? Or should I stick with a good workout routine, lift as much as I can and when I get all this weight off then do some cycles and start trying to build mass again? I'm just heart broken guys, 5 years ago and was throwing around 315 pounds on the bench like it was nothing and now I struggle to get 185 a few times. I'm almost 40 and although I feel better as this weight is coming off, it's totally fucking with my self esteem. Sorry for the long and gay ass post but if some one has some advice or can answer my questions I'd appreciate it! Thanks a ton!

I know how you feel man it sucks to get injured and get out of shape. The bottom line though is at your weight it would be very unhealthy to jump on any sort of cycle. I assume your not 277 with a decent body fat percentage or else you wouldnt be saying your out of shape.

What you need to do is start with the basics again get a good diet, get a work out routine, and make sure your living a healthy life style. One good thing is that your able to work out again and with time will be able to get back in shape.

If you hop back on cycle you risk injury after such a long work out hiatus. I know its hard man but don't get back on cycle until your around 15% body fat and have been working out regularly for about 9 months to a year I would say.

One thing I always recommend is getting in touch with 3j our diet coach and trying to come up with a good plan. Diet is the foundation of everything when it comes to bodybuilding. Good luck with everything man it sounds like the worst is behind you just keep positive thoughts and dont stray from your goal when things get hard

Also after about 3 to 4 months of working out and living a healthy life style I would get blood tests to make sure you dont have low testosterone. I say wait 3 to 4 months because you want to give your body time to get healthy and kick start your testosterone. It might not be a bad idea to get your levels checked now but if they are low you might feel the need to hop on trt when your body still has the chance to recover back to normal levels.

Way to be up front and honest in your post bro. I second what Mad already said. Hang in there...atleast your on the right path..

Thanks a million guys! One thing I can always say is that the folks on these forum are genuine and have heart. This sounds like a good plan so I don't have a problem with it. I'll just have to work through my discouragement and make the magic happen. Thanks again!!

Thanks a million guys! One thing I can always say is that the folks on these forum are genuine and have heart. This sounds like a good plan so I don't have a problem with it. I'll just have to work through my discouragement and make the magic happen. Thanks again!!

Just a note : Be careful with your feelings and opening up on some forums. I only say this in the way of getting your feelings hurt. We all have assholes but some cover them up better then others......

Anyway you got some good solid advce and I can't add much.

Wait and get that BF down. Way down before you cycle. Gotta laugh at 40 years old :laugh:

can you detail your current diet plan now? you have to bring down that bf% before anything if your going to jump on the train again. Hope things go well with you and please keep us posted.

To be honest, I would hook up with 3J to get your body fat down. I did not even start until I was in my mid 40s. I am closing in on 50 and am in the best shape of my life. My 30 year reunion is coming up and I am going to rock that bitch!

Discouragement is part of this lifestyle, so expect it. Once expected, it is not so bad to deal with. Not trying to minimize it, for it sucks, but I know you can push through it.

As for the gear, it is probably still good. Not sure I would risk it, though. Depends on how much you have.

I appreciate everyone's input. My body fat is ridiculous right now, it's 26%. I'm thinking once I get to a point where I can take in about 1300 calories a day I'll talk to 3J about a diet plan. I don't even know if he could work with my diet right now, on a good day I get in about 700 calories. My stomach is only about 8 to 10 ounces in size. Thanks again to everyone that responded!

Listen to the Mods and dont risk using old gear. dont pay anybody else no mind. get some mct oil going in you to get that bf% down.

Back